Sign in to follow this  
reeman-uk

Wheelhorse D-160

reeman-uk

Until the Christmas break, my son and I have not had much time on our Wheelhorse’s. We wanted to get our D-160 running, which is a bit of a rare beast in the UK.

Now that we have it running, we have started to think about returning the exhaust to a more standard configuration. A while back I was told that a B&S muffler part no. 291519 works well but sadly this part is no longer available. I also need to do the same for our D-200 so whatever solution I go for needs to be easily repeatable. Before I start to either make something or adapt a car muffler, I wondered what others have done for a D-Series and/or what advice people can offer. Thanks in advance.

My son has created a video of our D-160 which I would like to share

• Like 2

bellevillerod

Great vid, sounds like she is running good. Now for a vid with some attachments running.

pfrederi

Nice Video She runs well.  Wish i could help on the muffler.  I used the 291519 on my D200 but they seem to have become unavailable....

• Like 1

reeman-uk
18 minutes ago, bellevillerod said:

Great vid, sounds like she is running good. Now for a vid with some attachments running.

I would love to but I do not have any attachments for it. I am slowly collecting and making the parts for a 3pt which will make attachements easier

KC9KAS

@reeman-uk Sounds good. The youngster looked to having a good time with the :wh:

• Like 1

pacer

Original mufflers are VERY hard to find here in the states so I would imagine even more so over your way.... These are off one of the Cub Cadets adapted here on my D200 and D160. Mind you they required some fabrication, especially on the 200, needing to remove the old pipe fittings and weld up a rather sharp bend to get under the hood, but with the side entry on the Cub muffler is easily mounted there. The 160 was much simpler --- 

The Cub muffler is also rather inexpensive here, around the $30 range --- and, I like the sound, not very loud but with just a bit of 'tone'

IMG_3365.JPG.a411b19a569fbe27958c584a49369e8d.JPG

IMG_3371.JPG.1905dc6f3a737246f3c7138204782f70.JPG

• Like 1