bellevillerod

look what followed me home..

Chris G

Nice find!

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:               Guess we know what you will be pushing snow with this winter!              :woohoo:

Blackhood Bill

Very nice find

WHGuy413

Nice tractor. My wife has one also. I love how they feel driving them. I guess I should probably dig hers out so she can use it this winter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ZXT

Very cool! Does it run?

Vinylguy

Awesome find. I miss my commando. 

Unfortunately I sold it at the big show last summer to purchase a very nice 312-H that 

Does not work for me. I was lucky enough to find a great 857 with a very nice deck to replace the commando.  I also love the way they handle.

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 1

Sparky

Another Commando 8 fan here!

Congrats on your score.

F8B36AE6-300A-480F-B814-F7FB8303B899.jpeg

BA9519B8-4143-4CBA-9694-1EF333102D0A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib

Hard beat the k 181 !

Congratulations !

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Nice find !

We have 2 Kohler 8s here.

Love them.

We'll be looking forward to seeing it put to work.

• Like 1

bellevillerod
1 hour ago, ZXT said:

Very cool! Does it run?

I'm not sure yet, I was told that it did. It was supposed to have been owned by this older guy and sold to the neighbor when he passed. It was raining here when I got it home, but tomorrow we will know for sure.  

• Like 1

dells68

Nice find!  I sold my 857 at the show last year and still miss it.  Might have to look up another short frame.  That thing was fun to drive!

• Excellent 1

WHNJ701

keeping it orginal?  scuff and wax?  what's the story with gold z28 camero?

• Like 1

rjg854

Hopefully it will run as good as it looks.  Appears to be in decent shape anyway.  I have 2 Commandos, and if I came across another one, I'd have it too.  Those short frames are great tractors. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Nice find!  I sold my 857 at the show last year and still miss it.  Might have to look up another short frame.  That thing was fun to drive!

Agreed.

Both Trina's are 1967 short frame.

Good little rigs.

• Like 1

bellevillerod
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

keeping it orginal?  scuff and wax?  what's the story with gold z28 camero?

The Z 28 was my wife's first car and is also on the restore list. When we met I bought her a truck to drive and she parked the car. That was 25 years ago, that Z 28 has only 40000 original miles on it. The car was stored in a car port up until about 15 years ago then out in the weather. Fingers crossed on our new pole barn this year. I'm looking hard for a good compact front loader to get our property ready for a barn. 

bellevillerod
2 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

Awesome find. I miss my commando. 

Unfortunately I sold it at the big show last summer to purchase a very nice 312-H that 

Does not work for me. I was lucky enough to find a great 857 with a very nice deck to replace the commando.  I also love the way they handle.

If I go with a full restore I will be needing a set of decals from you, the gen light is missing the lens looking for some kind of replacement light/lens. I thought I had read here somewhere about getting them from a truck stop? Anyone has a source I'm all ears.

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, bellevillerod said:

If I go with a full restore I will be needing a set of decals from you, the gen light is missing the lens looking for some kind of replacement light/lens. I thought I had read here somewhere about getting them from a truck stop? Anyone has a source I'm all ears.

I just went through this last week. You can either get a hold of Lincoln at A to Z or you can order one of these online or through your local parts store:

Thanks to @AMC RULES

For the number.

• Excellent 1

WHGuy413

Here's my wife's commando. I was buying paint for another tractor I was working on and the guy said I've got something for you. He told me make me an offer I said "Tom I only have 25 bucks on me" he said "Deal!!" It runs great. Needs a few small things.

FB_IMG_1546916982645.jpg

FB_IMG_1546916987216.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Sweet deal :text-bravo:

• Like 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

NICE!!!!! Love those commando's!! I'd just clean it up and put the original plate in the front of the hood or a set of lights and call it done!

• Thanks 1

bellevillerod
On 1/7/2019 at 5:51 PM, ZXT said:

Very cool! Does it run?

Yes It does, I checked the oil put in some gas hooked up a battery and LIFE. However the carb will have to come off and be cleaned. The float is stuck open and is flooding the engine. It has a brass float in it and I tried to move it up and down to see if it would clear but no joy. I just bought a 3 gallon size ultrasonic cleaner for the wife's jewelry.....lol...so it will go in the tank for 45 min should be good to go after that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
11 hours ago, bellevillerod said:

. I just bought a 3 gallon size ultrasonic cleaner for the wife's jewelry.....lol..

What a perfect size for tractor jewels!  How convenient that you JUST bought it for HER. :ROTF:

ohiofarmer

Wow!  Is that also a snow blower that he threw in?   Recently I scored a 1056 at 107.00 net and these characters called me a pirate. You, sir, are Captain Hook:teasing-poke:  Anyway, congrats on the deal of a lifetime :bow-blue:

On 1/7/2019 at 10:12 PM, WHGuy413 said:

Here's my wife's commando. I was buying paint for another tractor I was working on and the guy said I've got something for you. He told me make me an offer I said "Tom I only have 25 bucks on me" he said "Deal!!" It runs great. Needs a few small things.

FB_IMG_1546916982645.jpg

FB_IMG_1546916987216.jpg

• Excellent 1

bellevillerod
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

What a perfect size for tractor jewels!  How convenient that you JUST bought it for HER. :ROTF:

like the greatest singer (JC) of all time once said...I walk the line..

• Excellent 1