Stepney

Mower deck question

Stepney

Hello, all. Have this old shell from a B-111 or some model of the like. A vertical shaft tractor. Has a good bit of rust but I want to patch it up and use it for a while to save my nice RD shell. While it's apart I figure I'll rebuild all the spindles, etc. Problem is, the deck has no model tag. The spindles all seem to be the same as my RD 42" deck that came with my C-160.. but it also has no tag. Just trying to figure out what bearings I need when I tear this down. Also trying to figure the rough model of the C-160 deck, as the center pulley on it was run loose and it's very wallowed out. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 5.07.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 5.08.39 PM.png

daveoman1966

The 42" deck for the B-111 is 05-42XR01 (thru05) and the deck for the C-160 should be 05-42MR01 (thru05).  Here are a few pics of how to convert the B deck for use on the C-160:

The bearings are either # 109966 (top and bottom) IF the shaft does NOT use a woodruff key (the shaft is 5/8 dia on top).  If there is a woodruff key in the shaft, then the bearings are #106084 and 106085 and the top end of the shaft is 3/4" dia.  Remove a pulley and look at the spindle shaft to be sure.  I MAY have a double pulley for the center spindle.  I also have some new and good used bearings to fit...either case. 

05-42XR01 (2)a.jpg

05-42XR01 (1)a.jpg

Edited by daveoman1966

KC9KAS

I believe I have that deck (almost new) that I would love to sell. It was sold to a family member for a B-80, but I found out it was for a vertical shaft :wh:

Stepney

Dave, matter of fact I was just reading your post. Looks pretty straightforward. I'll see about getting the pulleys off. I do remember seeing a key on the C160 deck. Not sure on the vert. shaft one.. I'll have a look.

Stepney

Just went out and measured both center shafts at the top. .745" on the dot. I do seem to remember a keyway on the busted up pulley too so that settles it. Thanks again! 

Stepney

Hey, all. After looking into bearings, I found that Toro 106084 and 106085 seem to be the same bearing? What's the difference between them?

daveoman1966

106084 is sealed ONE side.   106085 is NOT sealed on either side.  Otherwise, the same.  I have one NEW set 106084 & 106085 (2 bearings) for $20.  I can provide 2 good used sets for $15 (4 bearings).  Ship will be $5 bux for any 1 or all of these.  Herew is a pic of the two NEW bearings....(not the bearing on yellow paper in these pics).  

my email is:  daveoman@windstream.net

bng 005.JPG

bng 003.JPG

• Like 1