bc.gold

Most annoying telephone numbers

bc.gold

Some guy posts an ad with something that interests you then when you phone the number get either a busy signal or a recording the customer is not available or out of the calling area.. What I have come to learn is that these folks are to cheap to have a real telephone to communicate with others and subscribe to a texting only service.

Just thought I would throw this out there in case some of you are running into the same problem with some of your out going calls.

Fortunately my voip.ms account has provisions for texting from the online portal, once a message has been initiated and relied to,  it maybe continued from my email account.

sms.png

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold

As the SMS looks in an email, telephone numbers and SMS id's are no more than a url similar to an email address.

sms1.png

clueless

If I can't talk to them I won't buy from them.

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

OK, please don't take this the wrong way, but I thought it was funny that you said they are too cheap to get a real phone but you figured out how to text them from your VOIP phone! :happy-jumpgreen:

Randy

bc.gold
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

OK, please don't take this the wrong way, but I thought it was funny that you said they are too cheap to get a real phone but you figured out how to text them from your VOIP phone! :happy-jumpgreen:

Randy

No offense taken, nothing wrong with being frugal with ones hard earned $$$

From October 01.2018 to today's date my total cost for telephone and SMS

170 Calls, duration 10.30.56 cost $.5.749.

cdr.png

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

Just for safety’s sake, may be a good idea to redact the numbers in the pictures if possible. 

I’ve gotten to the point where I won’t deal with people unless I know them or can speak to them. Have a feeling I may have just gotten burned on a purchase, luckily it wasn’t expensive.  I’m trying to rent a house out and you’d be amazed how many people text “what’s rent?” Or “do u take pets”, etc. 

If you can’t communicate like an adult, are you really the kind of tenant I want? Probably not. Unfortunately proper communication isn’t a priority anymore 🙄

Ive started sending a screenshot of the merriam webster definition of rent, or the link to our local Humane Society when asked those questions via text now. Amazingly I’ve never gotten a follow up text after that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

Just for safety’s sake, may be a good idea to redact the numbers in the pictures if possible. 

I’ve gotten to the point where I won’t deal with people unless I know them or can speak to them. Have a feeling I may have just gotten burned on a purchase, luckily it wasn’t expensive.  I’m trying to rent a house out and you’d be amazed how many people text “what’s rent?” Or “do u take pets”, etc. 

If you can’t communicate like an adult, are you really the kind of tenant I want? Probably not. Unfortunately proper communication isn’t a priority anymore 🙄

Ive started sending a screenshot of the merriam webster definition of rent, or the link to our local Humane Society when asked those questions via text now. Amazingly I’ve never gotten a follow up text after that. 

:text-goodpost::text-yeahthat::eusa-clap:  Amen!

In the day and age of “u”, pls, etc...  I try my darndest to type proper with real language.  Sometimes a little “hick” gets in the way, like fixin’ things, cuttin’, weldin’...  but that’s for my own entertainment, not to be lazy.  

• Haha 2
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

I wonder, sure we are in 21.th century but it seems to me nearly nobody can talk normal.

most contacts are via Whatsapp in extremly shorts.

I may be not the youngest guy - that's for sure but must be communication just be reduced to a 2 liner Whatsapp.

In a phone conversation, i am able to hear how other peoples mean their sentences, because of emphasis.

A Forum is fine for contact even via large distances, but in short i preferr a simple phone call.

It was more personally than a 2 liner.

Yes, i am Old School.

If i go in a Bank i.eg. i like to have personal Service or an Machine, but i want to choose myself, what i preferr.

If i try to Buy things, i use also internet no problem, but in some circumstances i want to have an human opposite.

in Advertising it can be sensful with shorts i.eg. "4U Warez" this can be a nice logo,

but if i communicate with somebody i don't like such mutilated writings. 

Honestly i think i get old....

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

bc.gold
3 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

I suppose someone with a bit of ambition could link a name to each landline number using a reverse directory, cell and voip numbers as first dispatched are not published.

It's lists like this that pose security issues, https://411.ca/white-pages/mb/elphinstone

LengerichKA88
8 minutes ago, bcgold said:

I suppose someone with a bit of ambition could link a name to each landline number using a reverse directory, cell and voip numbers as first dispatched are not published.

It's lists like this that pose security issues, https://411.ca/white-pages/mb/elphinstone

Fair enough, just better safe than sorry. 

Even in the forum there is no break down of communication because everyone types in complete sentences. 

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:   :text-+1:   :text-goodpost:

ebinmaine
15 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

Even in the forum there is no break down of communication because everyone types in complete sentences. 

It's also because of a general blanket positive attitude and capable moderators.

One of the most serious complications to modern society is that we communicate far too much with a written word instead of a spoken word.

The written word from an abbreviated source can be very difficult if not impossible to glean the intended sender's emotional intention.

Because nearly all of the Redsquare crowd has a leaning towards a positive attitude (we all have our days) we assume first that the author of the post is happy to write it and not attempting to create negativity.

Thank you all for that....

• Heart 2