Joan Dorst

Park brake 1276

Joan Dorst

hello I am new on this forum and I own a Wheel Horse 1276 automatic Drive. I am refurbishing this Wheel Horse and now I am running into a few problems. I miss a few parts of the handbrake if I had the measurements I can do it but I do not get that in the Netherlands. I miss part 154, 155 & 156. Now that I am looking for the exact dimensions of part 155, I can make it in the Netherlands. can you help me with that? (See the pictures)

Sorry for my bad English. I translated this on Google Translate.

20190107_201835.jpg

image-07-01-2019_20-06-12.jpg

20190107_201939.jpg

20190107_201846.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Welcome to Redsquare !!

I can't help you with what you're looking for because my tractors are all manual transmissions but others will be along soon that can help you.

Have no concern about your bad English. We speak English everyday and screw it up much more than Google translator could possibly do it......

:ROTF:

• Haha 5

Joan Dorst

Thank you Garry! The pulley is not the problem. I am looking especially for the rod where it is attached

WHX??

:WRS: Joan

Yes the pulley and spacer are a common Item but the 155 arm you will have to make. Dan @Achto has a 1076 and might be able to get you the measurements to make one. You can also try emailing http://a-ztractor.com/ as he or others here may have a parts tractor. Others will be along to welcome you and hopefully help out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

KC9KAS

@Joan Dorst :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

That is a very nice looking :wh: tractor!

• Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Thanks 1

Achto

:WRS: 

Here is a drawing to help you make part 155 / Wheel Horse part #6133.

img007.jpg.c8445c44c9d786d99f9c4c35447f1366.jpg

• Excellent 4

Joan Dorst

Thank you very much!!

• Like 1

Joan Dorst

😍👌🏼

Edited by Joan Dorst

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:                That is a fine looking :wh: you have there. We are happy to help with any questions you may have.

Sarge

Do yourself a favor - if that thing has ever been abused by ramming into objects with a blade, or otherwise, it is common for the rear frame plate that secures the rear axle/transmission to crack or even shatter. If there are any alignment issues with the hood or hood stand this is likely the problem. They can be fixed, but just be aware of it. 

Nice 1276, not a lot of them around.

Sarge

• Like 1

jebbear

Nice looking :wh:!!!

And Welcome to ... :rs:

• Thanks 1

Joan Dorst

hello I disassembled the gearbox to view and repair the handbrake. but the axle does not look excessively worn? Is this the problem? 

20190110_170803.jpg

20190110_170812.jpg

20190110_170834.jpg

pfrederi

That is probably the best parking pawl I have ever seen!!  Most are ground down much further in the area circled.  You could lay a bead of weld across it and file/grid it smooth...but in this case  I would clean up any roughness and use it as is.

Inked20190110_170812.jpg.dbfbd9cd73b88ad0091fb7686d82f9bf_LI.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Joan Dorst
10 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

That is probably the best parking pawl I have ever seen!!  Most are ground down much further in the area circled.  You could lay a bead of weld across it and file/grid it smooth...but in this case  I would clean up any roughness and use it as is.

Inked20190110_170812.jpg.dbfbd9cd73b88ad0091fb7686d82f9bf_LI.jpg

I'm going to file it smooth and I will mount it back and then I'll see if the stand is okay. what do you think of this?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

Should work

• Like 1

Sarge

The width of the piece that is circled is important - it must be wide enough to engage the gear tooth deep enough to hold the weight of the tractor. I generally cut that piece off and weld a new piece of steel in there to return it back to the original width. That width is the same as the side pieces that are on the shaft. I've only had one that was in good condition other than being rounded off a little - just slightly rounded off meant it would not hold the tractor on anything but flat ground - so it got a new piece welded in and that fixed the issue. Those brake pawls were a less than stellar design and even the later ones with the gear style teeth weren't all that great, either. 

Sarge

• Like 1

Joan Dorst

Hello I have made my handbrake and the gearbox closed again but now I have a question what is the size of the v-belt?

20190112_161415.jpg

20190112_161938.jpg

20190112_161943.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Joan Dorst

I also look for the sizes of protective cover for the cooling fan (170)

Screenshot_20181112-181735_Drive.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

V-belt is a 6489 which crosses to a 7927 or 4L780 ( 1/2" wide BY 78"  long ).

This is a drawing made by Dan @Achto for the guard. double check the dimensions. If I remember right one might have been a little off?  

fan-guard-2016-04-04.PDF

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX21 said:

If I remember right one might have been a little off?

I don't remember either. What can I say, some times I tend to be a little off.:teasing-tease::D The 2 holes in the front bracket can be placed to your liking. the single hole will have to line up with the hole in the drive belt guard. The 2 brackets for the rear mount will have to line up with the two holes in the tool box. I'll get you a picture.

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 2

Achto

Here is a picture of what it should look like when done. Let me know if you need more pictures.

IMG_20150314_072937637.jpg.6ac2486481c421b7cb9cde2e1cf9deb4.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Joan Dorst

I still have the braces, only the protective cap. thank you very much for the information again!

• Like 1

Joan Dorst

Hey! here I am again. 😅 I first have the question: do I have to create a new topic for each question or can I just include this message? I now have a question what kind of spark plug should be in my engine. I have a Kölher K301 (12 hp) on my Wheel Horse 1276.