The Tuul Crib

Gas prices What are you paying?

Mows4three

Hello folks and Happy New Year too all,

It's in the $2.35-2.55 range in my area of western Pennsylvania.   Last I bought it, the ethanol free 89 octane was $4.15. 

Our fine governor just just raised the gas tax in Pennsylvania on January 1 so we officially pay the most tax on gasoline by the gallon in the US of A. 

$7.50 a gallon across the pond?!?!   Mercy sakes alive!   That's highway robbery by the King's own men.   

Cheers!

Dave

wh500special
6 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Criminal...any way you look at it. 

Oh, I don’t know.   If you play with one of those inflation calculators it will reveal that gas is as cheap as it ever was.  

It’s cheaper than a gallon of milk in most places.  

I’m enjoying these prices and judging by truck and suv sales so is the rest of the USA.  It’s a little concerning to see cars being discontinued in favor of trucks  so it’s really gonna hurt someday when gas spikes and Detroit is left flat footed like in 2008.  

Hopefully this lasts a while. 

Steve

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

Central Indian is $1.99 to $2.19

The Tuul Crib
40 minutes ago, Mows4three said:

Hello folks and Happy New Year too all,

It's in the $2.35-2.55 range in my area of western Pennsylvania.   Last I bought it, the ethanol free 89 octane was $4.15. 

Our fine governor just just raised the gas tax in Pennsylvania on January 1 so we officially pay the most tax on gasoline by the gallon in the US of A. 

$7.50 a gallon across the pond?!?!   Mercy sakes alive!   That's highway robbery by the King's own men.   

Cheers!

Dave

I call that thievery !!  And after all we are supporting terrorism !!!

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 1

Chris G

I'm in upstate New York, between buffalo and rochester. I just got gas today for $2.69 a gallon 87 octane.

WHX??

Yer gettin robbed Chris.. 1.90 here ...I thought it was just an old-fashioned gas war local here. Guess it's just like that all over the country.

I remember when I was a kid my Dad used to say there was a gas war going on.... 25 cents a gallon was a good price! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I paid  $2.23 a gallon for regular today.

Glenn

• Sad 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, WHX21 said:

there was a gas war going on.... 25 cents a gallon was a good price!

My first non-farm job was pumping gas, 19.9 was the going price, gas wars would bring it down to 17.9. That was in 1961 and I guess I was making about $ 1.00 an hour then. Relative to today's wages I guess the price is about the same.

• Like 2

LengerichKA88

I think we paid 1.80 the other day for E85. It’s nice having a family vehicle that is Flexfuel. 

I remember when I was younger and going with my dad to the gas station before heading to MI for a week. He had an old Ford pick up, don’t remeber the model but the PO had put in two 50 gal gas tanks. He handed me a hundred dollar bill and told me to go in and put it on the pump. I remember thinking “Wow, 100 bucks for gas!”  But he filled up and had change.... that truck would bankrupt someone these days.  

• Haha 2

LengerichKA88
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

My first non-farm job was pumping gas, 19.9 was the going price, gas wars would bring it down to 17.9. That was in 1961 and I guess I was making about $ 1.00 an hour then. Relative to today's wages I guess the price is about the same.

You made more than minimum wage, adjusted for inflation 😳. That’s whats crazy. You see people talk about wages decades past and think “that’s nothing” but when you adjust it to today’s money, depending on the job, usually wages were better back when lol. 

Just four years ago (almost to the day lol) I started at a local Mobil station at 7.50, after my training/probationary period I got a 15¢ raise. I was told not to expect a raise again until the 1 year mark, which would be between 10-20 cents. 

43055680-C85D-4FAD-906E-113E486B2FA8.png

953 nut

:text-offtopic:                   As far as I'm concerned the federal minimum wage is a joke. You can't get anyone to do anything around here foe less than $ 12.00 per hour and if you expect them to perform actual work that goes up to $ 15.00.            :ranting:

Sarge

Cost of living and how far your money honestly goes towards goods/life is what hurts us in modern times. In the early 90's, our money just went a lot farther compared to today's markets.

Non-ethanol fuel here is sitting at 2.69/gal, over a dollar a gallon less than just 4 months ago - I'm pretty happy about that. Wish I had another fuel can in the 5gal range so I could stock up better for all the spring work I'll have to do with our crazy weather this last fall, this place is a real disaster. 

Sarge

Pullstart

Gas is right around 1.90 or so, diesel is 2.84 last I looked.  I’ll probably have to fill’er up soon, I’m just happy my diesel gets 10 mpg better than my wife’s gasser!  

Now, let’s have a chat about mpgs!

my plow truck is an ‘01 2500HD with the 6.0 LS engine.  I’ve seen 11 mpg with no plows, just once.  I was doing all highway and less than 70 mph.  Put the plows on and push snow all day with it, it’s a good day to average anything over 4 mpg!

953 nut
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

On any of my Wheel Horses I get 100 smiles per gallon!              :ROTF:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Free if you drive off fast enough :laughing-rolling:

3DB8AEF4-0290-4F2B-B1BD-EC89A6D1AE37.jpeg

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

bc.gold

Just paid $25.00 ( $18.82 US ) to fill a 20 liter jug.

• Like 1

Pullstart
56 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Just paid $25.00 ( $18.82 US ) to fill a 20 liter jug.

3.61 ish a gallon.  Ouch, I remember those days

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

2010 F-150 crew cab  w/ 36 gallon tank        16MPG  empty        Towing the boat     11mpg

2001 23' WAC w/  86 and 12 gallon tanks      2mpg on plane on flat water         2gallon/mile in heavy sea with trim tabs down

To fill this rig with 94 0ctane   134 gallon at marinas  is around $500  + $50 for oil.    

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

wallfish
51 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

134 gallon at marinas  is around $500  + $50 for oil. 

Bust Out Another Thousand for that hole in the water to throw money into. But they sure are fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bc.gold

Vancouver B.C. one US gallon is about 3.5 liters = $545.65 can or $411.78  USD

vancouver.png

Edited by bcgold

WHGuy413

2.27 here in town. 2.35 the next town over. Western Mass

Edited by WHGuy413

GarySeever

2.74 in most places around western new york.we go to the rez near by and it is 2.15 for 87. 2.75 For non ethanol

The Tuul Crib

Today I just sought for 1.60  at my local speedway 

• Like 1

953 nut

I have a great deal of confidence that gas prices will go down soon in Franklin;    filled my truck yesterday and the wife filled her car today!        :ychain:

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Probably right, at least until it's time for you both to fill up again.  :blink: 

• Haha 1