• Thanks 1

dclarke

Nice lookin truck, Richie! 

• Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

This should bring home some more red in the future!:banana-dance:

• Haha 1

19richie66

I think if I bring home any more red, the back of my head will be the same color. I have one more parts machine coming and then I am done dragging home stuff for a while. Already have enough to play with and no time to do it. 👍

• Haha 4

Sparky

Nice ride...congrats!

That front license plate is the bomb 👍

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Nice looking truck Richie! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Chris G

Very nice truck CONGRATS!!!

• Thanks 1

rjg854

My boss has an 18 f150, he loves it. And he's always had Chevys before this truck.  It's the V6 and he tows the bobcat around with it and he said you wouldn't even know it's back there. Good luck with your truck Ritchie :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jake Wilkerson

Nice choice!! I wish you many thousands of trouble free miles. 

My first Ford and first diesel. 2014 with 106k miles. Wish I could say I haven’t had a problem with it but I just recently experienced my first failure at 105k miles. Primary water pump started leaking and had to be replaced. :angry-banghead:

62B3D573-F942-41FD-8B22-D0934D1262AA.jpeg

• Sad 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Best of luck Richie. Nice ride.

Glenn

19richie66
4 hours ago, asleepz said:

Nice choice!! I wish you many thousands of trouble free miles. 

My first Ford and first diesel. 2014 with 106k miles. Wish I could say I haven’t had a problem with it but I just recently experienced my first failure at 105k miles. Primary water pump started leaking and had to be replaced. :angry-banghead:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9b

Never fails does it? My daughters car just hit 100k and the water pump went out. Leaks coolant into the engine and you don’t know it till it’s too late. Needless to say I am glad we spent the 2k on the extended warranty. Had to put an engine in it. Would have cost over 5k to fix it without. Hopefully you have no more issues. Nice looking truck there also!

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

peter lena

nice looking rig, that auto stop /start set up is usually programed to reset at each start, you will have to cancel/ shut off , but it will come back on each restart. another thing that that is really showing its head on newer cars/ trucks , is the plastic manifold cycle life. typically over 100 k . its so integrated into your  car/ truck , that its a virtual disassembly of it to replace. todays cars have plastic , oil pans ,valve covers and manifolds. welcome to robot built technology , pete    

• Like 1

19richie66

I found a scan tool that I can get that will disable it for good and not throw any codes. Still researching it though. Too easy just to push the button to turn it off. But it freaks me out when I foget and it shuts off and restarts.😂. As far as the plastic goes, yep pretty much everything is now a days. At least I dont have to remove it to replace the spark plugs like the 3.7 v6 in the old truck. Trade offs I guess. So far I love it (haven’t made the first payment yet 😂)

• Haha 1

peter lena

both ford and jeep have a significant issue with " dissimilar metals "  good idea to regularly lubricate and look for issues, corrosion and metal break down . my sons jeep was a prime example, basically just staying after areas, the related auto site on the net ,will give you a heads up on it , regularly wash down the underside,  NOT POWER WASH , good luck , pete

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks Peter👍

cschannuth
21 hours ago, rjg854 said:

My boss has an 18 f150, he loves it. And he's always had Chevys before this truck.  It's the V6 and he tows the bobcat around with it and he said you wouldn't even know it's back there. Good luck with your truck Ritchie :thumbs:

Those Ecoboost engines are monsters. I really miss mine. The amount of low rpm power and torque they generate is unbelievable. 

19richie66

I had the 3.7 V-6 (non EcoBoost)in my old truck. It was impressive powerwise but this 5.0 is so smooth. I have to be careful or I will be getting a ticket. It hits 70 no problem. 

Lee1977
10 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I found a scan tool that I can get that will disable it for good and not throw any codes. Still researching it though. Too easy just to push the button to turn it off. But it freaks me out when I foget and it shuts off and restarts.😂. As far as the plastic goes, yep pretty much everything is now a days. At least I dont have to remove it to replace the spark plugs like the 3.7 v6 in the old truck. Trade offs I guess. So far I love it (haven’t made the first payment yet 😂)

My old Wheel Horse Dealer Haywood Richmond had a saying " The road to Hell is paved with plastic." He should know: He sold G.E appliances and the Wheel Horses back then had very little plastic.

• Like 3

Daron1965

Nice looking truck.  A red Wheel Horse decal on the back window will be the cherry on top.   Red tractors in the bed will look great.   Congrats on the truck. 

19richie66
1 hour ago, Daron1965 said:

Nice looking truck.  A red Wheel Horse decal on the back window will be the cherry on top.   Red tractors in the bed will look great.   Congrats on the truck. 

Thanks. I am working on a decal for the back window. I'll be moving my herd to North Carolina soon(Hopefully) :handgestures-thumbupright:

Aldon

Nice Rig Ritchie!

Hope you figure out how to permanently disable that auto Start/stop. I absolutely hate vehicles that have that operational. Always feels like I’ve been lightly rear ended as I start to take off again. 

Pullstart

Nice truck, Richie!  ‘03?  ‘04?

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Well done Richie! That is one beautiful Bow-Tie...I’m Sure that our man @WVHillbilly520H will check in soon.  He seems to be able to catch the scent on those Chevy’s anytime they show up on the forum.:lol: 

I like the truck for sure but like the connection to your late father even more.  You must have at least a few memories with him in this truck.  

I also like the fact of how clean that thing is...salt belt trucks are always pretty rough unless kept out of the winter weather.  

• Thanks 1