TimC121

wiring

TimC121

does anybody offer complete wiring harnesses for c120 8 speed?

KC9KAS

@TimC121 Unless you find a donor parts tractor, I doubt you can find a complete wiring harness.

I have made a couple of "new" harnesses. I used the correct gauge and color wire, (according to the manual) bought new Delphi Packard 56 connectors and built my own. It isn't that difficult if you have a wiring diagram to work from.

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, TimC121 said:

does anybody offer complete wiring harnesses for c120 8 speed?

:WRS:

As KC said, making a new wiring harness is your best bet. If you will provide the model number (found on a tag on the dash tower) of your C-120 we can give you the owner manual and wiring diagram. The C-120 was made from 1974 to 1977 and there were changes made in the ignition systems during that run. We will help you along with doing the job and it isn't as hard as it may seem.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

We will help you along with doing the job and it isn't as hard as it may seem.

Yep.

I've done four or five complete tractor rewires in a couple years now.

I've always been mechanically inclined but never messed with any  garden tractors.

With the help of the people on this site and the schematics and some information on what items to purchase, it was actually pretty easy to do.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

TimC121

so I should get the 120? the guy removed all the wiring that is why I was looking for a harness

gwest_ca

If there is anything left of the original harness get it. It should have some of the plastic terminal holders that can be reused. The one for the ignition switch is easily obtained and shown in this file. Others are a bit harder to find. Click on the picture and again on the page that comes up.

Garry

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:         When you negotiate the price you can use the wiring issues as a good negotiating tool. The seller probably has not removed the safety switches, but if they are gone you can get good used ones from @A-Z Tractor, he is great to deal with.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Tim is it a hydro tractor or an 8 speed?

A Hydro really can't be tested unless the tractor is running.

@953 nut is right about A to Z. Great guy.

I may very well have a good connector or two around here as well.

TimC121

8 speed

ebinmaine

Well as the old saying goes. The appropriate selling price is the one that makes the buyer and the seller happy.

If you can negotiate that price, I'd buy it.

Just keep in mind that since you can't drive the tractor it isn't worth anywhere near as much if it only is a pile of parts.

BOB ELLISON

This is the original  wiring diagram I redone to help me rewire mine. I even used the same colors for the wires. It makes it easy to follow the schematic. This diagram has the amp gage like the original . But I also have a diagram with the volt meter instead of the amp gage. I hope this helps you it's not hard to rewire the B80 - C160's. 

BASIC WIRING B80 - C160.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

TimC121

well he wants 450 for it.   plus there is snow blade and mower with it.  there is no plugs for the harness to be made.   I would like to say also thanks to all that have been helping with answers much better group than the allis chalmers group I belong to.

• Sad 1

953 nut

In my opinion that is a lot to pay for a non running :wh: unless it was something special.

5 hours ago, TimC121 said:

I would like to say also thanks to all that have been helping with answers much better group than the allis chalmers group I belong to

:thanks:

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, TimC121 said:

would like to say also thanks to all that have been helping with answers much better group

Just realized you were quite new here.

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

I've been on a couple years and change now... You're right. 

The Mods really do an excellent job of keeping a positive attitude and family friendly space here.

This is the ONLY social media site I'm on at all.

The info you'll find is second to none.

Not just about Tractors and equipment but everything in life.

There are friends here.

Now back to the tractor...

Unless you know the owner and trust them, or know the machine and are sure it actually runs.... You have to assume it is only good for parts until you get it running and can prove otherwise.

So here's a few "IFs" for it...

IF the paint is all good that's a value add.

...the engine at least turns.

...the transmission doesn't leak.

... carefully check the mower over.

Mower deck $150

Plow $100

Transmission $150

Engine $50

The rest... $ ???

If it does run... You have to spend time and money getting the harness together.

If it doesn't run you could get all your money back by disassembling and selling the pieces but it would be more time and expenses to do so.

I'd have to agree with @953 nut Richard on this one.

You may not lose your shirt but I'm not sure I'd give anywhere near that amount on a gamble.

There are a decent amount of Wheelhorse Tractors for sale in your area during the year.

• Like 1

TimC121

well I passed on that one.   offered on 75 c120 complete and already restored.  just need to find correct manuals for it. thanks for help-info.

953 nut
9 hours ago, TimC121 said:

I passed on that one.   offered on 75 c120 complete

Smart move. :handgestures-thumbupright:   This owner manual should be helpful.