clueless

Voltmeter connection?

clueless

I got a voltmeter that came off of a 312, it came with the bracket but no wires. Can I buy the L shaped slide on connectors like the ones on my 312, if so what are they called and where can I get them. Local Auto Zone doesn't have them. I'm putting the meter on my C160.

Ed Kennell

8013k22p1-d01bl.png?ver=1340273949      Is this what you need Chris?   

clueless

Ed,that's not it. The meter has two threaded brass studs for lack of a better term, the plastic bracket that holes the meter in place slides over them and then a nut goes on and you tighten them down. Then the insulated wire barrel connection slides on the stud, probably not explaining this well, I've seen them before on some gauges, maybe on boats. I'm think I can just slide a ring connector over the stud to the nut then add another nut, but not sure, after all it is electrical :(.

Ed Kennell

OK Chris, now I know what it is .  Look at Mcmaster Carrs electrical terminal disconnects. I think they have the  flag connectors that slide on a threaded stud.

7820k84p1-d01bl.png?ver=1342002161

• Like 1

Racinbob

You could just use ring terminals. That's what I do. :)

• Like 2

cleat

I know what you mean, a connector that slides down on the threaded stud.

These were common on Ford start solenoids at the scrapyard (likely not any more).

I just bolt them on myself using crimp on ring terminals as Racinbob said (better connection anyways).

Being used to the 520 with lots of gauges, I use lots of them when rebuilding a harness.

Cleat

• Like 4