Firebug

New year projects?

The Tuul Crib
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Keep working on Mrs. Pullstart’s “Frank” project, hopefully finish it before the big show without the paint drying on the way!  Also build a rack for Norman, to hold 4 complete tractors in/on the bed.

E6732A67-2BBE-4B41-B2D7-E441CFE41262.jpeg

3045DF3E-C4E2-4DB1-A751-36957F7BB007.jpeg

Your tractor is missin an eye!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

The Tuul Crib
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Not much Wheelhorse time for a while. I have to paint the house, finish crown molding on two bedrooms, many touchups, get the yard up to par and hide a bunch of stuff so I can put the house on the market. Then I have to figure out how to get all my crap to North Carolina and come up with a place to keep it. Somewhere in there I have to find a place here to live while I finish out the year at work while momma lives in North Carolina. I have a lot on my plate. A busy 2019 for sure.

Are those honey does or round toits!! 

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

WHX??

Projects would be to keep sailing on a 1055 resto build and get a two stage blower whipped in to shape. Then there's getting rear weight on the 520 it's going on. Then there's a 953 refresh, a suburban that needs a little motor work, rubber for the 604, two 1077s and a 1277 that needs some love and a re-ring on the 857 along with a sickle bar that needs to be finished and a 1257 that needs some HY-2 refinements. Forgot about the 753 that needs a ....someone feel free to stop me here when I ain't gettin nothin done. :wacko::lol:

• Haha 6

cschannuth
4 hours ago, stuppy62 said:

My plan for the new year is to have a front end loader for my 520H. I'm finding them scares as hen's teeth to find, so I'm considering building my own! 

I built my own and it’s the most satisfying project I’ve ever done. It took a long time but I would do it again. 

• Like 1

cschannuth

I plan to install LEDs in the 520H FEL tractor. I also want to fab up some sort of removable hitch that will fit into the rear ballast weight rack. 

19richie66
6 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Are those honey does or round toits!! 

:ROTF:

A little of both. I can only get so much done in a day:coffee:

• Haha 2

Pollack Pete

Not going to have much time for Wheel Horse projects this year.I recently bought 24.9  arces of wooded land directly behind my shop.Going to start clearing part of it.Some of it is designated wetland.Won't touch that,naturally.Bought a used Caterpillar D3C Series 3 bulldozer and a very used John Deere 490D excavator.Been working on this new to me equipment already.Getting them ready to earn their keep come warm weather.Have done full oil and fluid changes on both.Cat needs some track pads changed.I want to put a mechanical thumb on the excavator,and need to weld new shanks and teeth on the bucket.Need to pressure wash the excavator.Supposedly,it spent it's life digging coal out of railroad cars.It's completely covered with coal dust.Hope we have an early Spring.Can't wait to get going here.

Edited by Pollack Pete
  • Like 2

DennisThornton
13 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

Not going to have much time for Wheel Horse projects this year.I recently bought 24.9  arces of wooded land directly behind my shop.Going to start clearing part of it.Some of it is designated wetland.Won't touch that,naturally.Bought a used Caterpillar D3C Series 3 bulldozer and a very used John Deere 490D excavator.Been working on this new to me equipment already.Getting them ready to earn their keep come warm weather.Have done full oil and fluid changes on both.Cat needs some track pads changed.I want to put a mechanical thumb on the excavator.Hope we have an early Spring.Can't wait to get going here.

I think you already owe us some pictures and I'm sure more will be expected. 

• Haha 1

bottjernat1

Hoping to get my other daughter Lillians 875 running it hasnt ran since the year before my dad died.  i think 2015 was the last time it ran. Im also hoping to get my wife dreaded 1969 commando v8 running. atleast with the 875 i did put fresh oil in it when i parked it and gas and stabilizer in the tank. im hoping a good battery and it should start. i have it out of these woods. it is a great machine my late dad gave it to my daughter. The stupid commando just needs spark. it will be the most challenging project. with that electronic ignition.

20170902_160751.jpg

36176106_1517717691667771_347623696476667904_n.jpg

• Like 2

stuppy62
7 hours ago, cschannuth said:

I built my own and it’s the most satisfying project I’ve ever done. It took a long time but I would do it again. 

Also, before I start on the loader I'm getting one of Matt's hydro pedals to install.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
9 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Projects would be to keep sailing on a 1055 resto build and get a two stage blower whipped in to shape. Then there's getting rear weight on the 520 it's going on. Then there's a 953 refresh, a suburban that needs a little motor work, rubber for the 604, two 1077s and a 1277 that needs some love and a re-ring on the 857 along with a sickle bar that needs to be finished and a 1257 that needs some HY-2 refinements. Forgot about the 753 that needs a ....someone feel free to stop me here when I ain't gettin nothin done. :wacko::lol:

I can help you with a plan for the extra rear weight on the 520/duece project.

IMAG4260.jpg

• Like 2

LengerichKA88

Not a wheel Horse, but at some point in the spring I’ll be heading up to southern Michigan to pick up my dads old Craftsman.... when we got it it was in rough shape 16 years ago. He got it running to mow our lake cottages yard, but now it just sits. 

The best thing i can think of to do with it that dad would approve of is to build a demolition derby tractor out of it. It won’t be pretty, but it’ll be pretty fun!

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I can help you with a plan for the extra rear weight on the 520/duece project.

IMAG4260.jpg

There's just something about suitcases hanging off a :wh:... gives it that big tractor look I guess! Problem around here is finding some minis that don't break the bank! I would like to get a receiver hitch and fab a bar to hang them on.  

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, WHX21 said:

There's just something about suitcases hanging off a :wh:... gives it that big tractor look I guess! Problem around here is finding some minis that don't break the bank! I would like to get a receiver hitch and fab a bar to hang them on.  

Don't shoot the messenger, but they are about $1-1.5 lb for a 42# at the JD dealers or Home Depot and I have a cheaper solution than the rear receiver hitches.

PeacemakerJack
On 1/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, Achto said:

Come spring I'm planning on adding some storage space to my garage, about 10x20 is what I have in mind for that.

Here’s my official offer to lend a hand to help you on the construction portion of that “little” project! :tools-hammerdrill: That will be an awesome addition.  Oh yeah...I’m also looking forward to your :wh: project as well...

• Thanks 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

The list could go on and on. 

Main focus is getting Ray's C141 done, which is gonna be a major undertaking, as I think there might be 5 bolts that haven't been removed from this tractor. That's it all tucked away under my workbench, waiting patiently for me to come up with enough time to get started on it again. 

Then I've got my 701 I'm working on repowering for a parade/show cruiser.

Also need to get another engine built or find another used one to put on the 1277 and get it back on mowing duty.

I've also got a Choremaster Model B I'd like to restore in the future. 

That about covers it for tractor projects for this moment in time.

While doing all that, I've also got plans to get my shop finished this year, do some upgrades to the motorhome, get the transmission in our TrailBlazer overhauled and back on the road, and hopefully find time to take the weeks vacation I've got coming to me after April and take the RV on a road trip. Thinking about going back up to Nebraska and maybe on up into South Dakota for a few days, didn't get to see much when we went up in September for Angel's brothers funeral, and there are several places up in there I'd like to see and I know she would love to see her sister again.

FB_IMG_1543192701543.jpg

IMG_20181110_183951.jpg.3562be0e565107ce77970e8cc02b3ef0.jpg

FB_IMG_1542999229940.jpg

FB_IMG_1542999079170.jpg

• Like 1

WHGuy413

Oh man I have a list a mile long. I have a suburban project I started about 4 years ago that I lost interest in. I would like to finish it up finally. I also need to finish my youngest sons 1077. My older sons 1277 needs engine work since I'm gonna be inside it I'm gonna just rebuild it then repaint the whole tractor. I have a second 603 that's been waiting for a restoration. I have a 12 auto that had a Briggs 18hp v twin that needs head gaskets. Id like to also finish my rj35 restoration this spring. My wife has a commando 8 that I need to help her finish. She also has a b80 that she painted pink for cancer awareness (actually a really nice tractor) that I need to repaint her seat pan for it and figure out why it just randomly stuck in gear. She also has a 701 that I want to see her restore. Plus any other random projects that show up here like my friends Allis Chalmers that seems to make random appearances here throughout the year usually when I'm not home to tell him no lol. So yeah the list is pretty long with a bunch more I'd love to get to also.

Blackhood Bill

Well for me it's finish my GT1800, then Gt1848, then plow, then disc, then wagon, then need to add on to my stables for the :wh:'s to be stored in.

IMG_20181220_113922911.jpg

IMG_20181214_152624734.jpg

IMG_20181003_185011111.jpg

IMG_20180919_181412046.jpg

IMG_20181003_185145224.jpg

Edited by Whnewone