• Like 3

953 nut

Image result for amen

• Like 3

rjg854

Couldn't have said it better myself.  This forum is off the chain :thumbs:

• Like 2

Marv

:greetings-clappingorange::happy-bouncyblue: Yeeeees!

Marv

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Yep...

Mike'sHorseBarn

Totally agree!!

DennisThornton

Indeed! 

ebinmaine

:wh:

:greetings-clappingyellow:

:text-woo::text-woo:

:text-goodpost:

WHNJ701

I agree too, seems like most of the other tractor forums have faded out.  this one seems strong and alot of involvement. and great info,  so your stuck with me for 2 years now

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

:happy-partydance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

WE SHOULD BE DANCIN'   !!!

• Haha 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Yes, in your own room. 

• Haha 2

The Tuul Crib

:notworthy:  :notworthy::notworthy:

• Like 1

Stormin

I agree with you Professor. Definitely a top notch forum. Not just for the tractors etc, but the friends made though not met in person. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

:handgestures-thumbupright:

ztnoo

This place is TOP NOTCH, without a doubt, and King of the Hill as far as WH forums go.

The technical advice, expertise, knowledge, and mechanical skill sets assembled here are second to none.  :greetings-clappingyellow::handgestures-thumbupright:

I marvel at the content available here, and the brotherly help and advice one can tap into. If you have a specific problem with literally anything, there is someone here who

has "seen the movie before", and can assist you with experienced guidance.

If you really want to know, Red Square is the place to go!!!   :rs:

I belong to several WH FB sites and some tend to be a little more local or regional in nature which are a bit more relevant to my location, and they also alert me quickly as to what is currently available in the way of tractors, implements, and other parts within a reasonable driving distance. Several of them have very impressive membership numbers .........but far less actually participate. They seem to be more of the haunt of lurkers.

The biggest problem with most of these FB sites is about 90% of the posters on them, present a current problem they are having (with minimal diagnostic cues), and expect an end all problems answer composed of three sentences within five minutes of making a post. Most of these guys are young in age, impulsive, impatient, have limited keyboard or keypad skills, not to mention horrible language skills, and often want to communicate in the curious, clipped, and convoluted world of texting by abbreviations.......making it more difficult to interpret their intent and their problem. It can definitely try your patience attempting to assist these guys, some of whom must have slept through not only English class, but most of whatever time they were in public education......

I like staying in touch with these sites for local happenings, but often I quickly get burned out or turned off by the "I want the world, and I want it NOW" (phrase from a Doors song of 50+ years ago) circus atmosphere that seems to surround them.

C'est la vie......

138768687_WheelHorselogo50.jpg.79306b477dd5624781a63d152bb5c9c2.jpg  :rs: 138768687_WheelHorselogo50.jpg.79306b477dd5624781a63d152bb5c9c2.jpg

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

dells68

I agree with all of the above.  This is the only social media site I now belong to.  I used to be into VWs pretty heavy and belonged to another site that was very similar to this one in respect to the people you encounter and sense of community.  Sadly in our world FB and other social sites seem to be more about competition and end up getting people in trouble in other aspects of their lives.  I will stay here just as long as you other guys stay that make this such a great place to talk with friends and even interact about the occasional little red tractor!  Great place!  Great tractors!  Wonderful friends!

• Like 5

ztnoo
18 minutes ago, dells68 said:

I used to be into VWs pretty heavy and belonged to another site that was very similar to this one

Would that be https://www.thesamba.com/vw/ ?

• Like 1

dells68

You got it!  I’ve found VW people to be a whole lot like Wheel Horse folks - very friendly, helpful, and nonjudgmental or competitive like so many others in the classic car world.  Both are great communities with focus on family and friendship!

• Like 1

ztnoo

@dells68,

rotfl.gif.148306eb2d2e0923dc8fe3d020517f2e.gif

2132166069_VWboxerengine.jpg.837afd1762fab25525dff08a89acc735.jpg

Edited by ztnoo
  • Haha 1

dells68

I love to go to VW drags.  Something completely different than any other sound!  I’ve seen VW powered bikes, I’d love to see a big ole D with VW power!  That would be SWEET!

• Like 1

ztnoo

@dells68,

Believe it or not, I saw this "creation" at the May 2017 Portland, IN tractor meet!

Interesting, but without a fan and a cooling shroud, you'd probably lunch that engine in about a hour as slow as a tractor moves.

People have gotten away with that trick on motorcycles, but they move enough air over the cylinder fins at 60 mph to get away with that stunt.

381206972_IMG_1055a.jpg.11c184e132b84bf59ac9fab8eddc0ddf.jpg49957855_IMG_1056a.jpg.54710cfcefe075182cbfe6281fa769a6.jpg333895841_IMG_1057a.jpg.5974c52536de865a4cebaa872b4f0f25.jpg

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 3

dells68

That’s pretty sweet, but without a fan, it wouldn’t last long.  I think there might be enough room to squeeze a Porsche style cooking shroud on a big D.  Oh well, another time - with deeper pockets than me😂.

ACman

Way more than a forum about :wh:‘s . :rs: is a place that somehow brings people from around the world together.  Be it help with a problem or needing a prayer . Just seems someone is always there when you need it.

2DB42EA8-5EC6-462F-84AE-20F3F8CAC689.gif

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
8 hours ago, dells68 said:

I love to go to VW drags.  Something completely different than any other sound!  I’ve seen VW powered bikes, I’d love to see a big ole D with VW power!  That would be SWEET!

:confusion-confused:       You have the "D" and you know your way around VWs,    what is taking you so long?         :ychain:

• Haha 3