Jim Demery

1952 Case Vac

Razorback

Very nice! I love those old machines!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                I grew up cultivating and drawing hay wagons on a Case VAC, great machines.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

A Case VAC was the first tractor I did an engine overhaul and repaint on. I always enjoy seeing them.

• Like 1

cschannuth

A VAC was the first tractor I ever owned. It pulled a plow and wood trailer like a champ. 

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Jim—that is a beautiful looking machine.  I’m so glad to see it working hard for you.:eusa-clap:

Growing up in east central WI and of a fifth generation dairy farming family, we relied on tractors daily.  My forefathers had chosen the Case brand as their go to tractor.  The very first tractor that I ever drove at the tender age of 8 was my grandpas VAC (with my uncle Rogers help of course!). It served us well for decades.  When the cows were sold and much of the machinery cleared out my cousin Mike laid claim to the old VAC and did a complete resto on it...

2D4C52A8-4E1B-44A6-A11A-49DA3D4F11E6.jpeg.d7b74225504dcaa92efbb338ac345129.jpeg

It turned out great and runs like a Swiss watch! I’m so glad that he kept this family heirloom and has returned it to better than new condition!

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Excellent 1

Jim Demery
4 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Jim—that is a beautiful looking machine.  I’m so glad to see it working hard for you.:eusa-clap:

Growing up in east central WI and of a fifth generation dairy farming family, we relied on tractors daily.  My forefathers had chosen the Case brand as their go to tractor.  The very first tractor that I ever drove at the tender age of 8 was my grandpas VAC (with my uncle Rogers help of course!). It served us well for decades.  When the cows were sold and much of the machinery cleared out my cousin Mike laid claim to the old VAC and did a complete resto on it...

2D4C52A8-4E1B-44A6-A11A-49DA3D4F11E6.jpeg.d7b74225504dcaa92efbb338ac345129.jpeg

It turned out great and runs like a Swiss watch! I’m so glad that he kept this family heirloom and has returned it to better than new condition!

That is a beautiful tractor and a great story! 

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

love my 51 VAC had her for 14 years now.  Principal job is running a 6' New Holland finish mower.

Great reliable tractor

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

thefleet.jpg

• Excellent 4

Jim Demery
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

love my 51 VAC had her for 14 years now.  Principal job is running a 6' New Holland finish mower.

Great reliable tractor

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

thefleet.jpg

Great little tractors! Mine plowed 18 inches of snow like it was nothing! And without any chains! 

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I have one too, but its a little under the weather right now. Looking forward to getting back running again. 

Randy

• Sad 1

Jim Demery
9 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

I have one too, but its a little under the weather right now. Looking forward to getting back running again. 

Randy

Lol, might have to call the VAC Dr.

RandyLittrell

Well, I could really use a doctor! Dad and I tore it down to fix the brakes and now Dad is gone and I am having a hard time getting back to it! 

Randy

• Sad 1

Jim Demery
2 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Well, I could really use a doctor! Dad and I tore it down to fix the brakes and now Dad is gone and I am having a hard time getting back to 

Randy

Sorry to hear about your dad Randy. I lost my dad in May of last year. It definitely slows you down! 

RandyLittrell
Just now, Jim Demery said:

Sorry to hear about your dad Randy. I lost my dad in May of last year. It definitely slows you down! 

Thanks Jim, its been 10 years for me, but certain things still drag me down. In many ways it sucks, but it lets you know just great he was. I just try to be to my kids and grandson, how he was to us. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad as well!

Randy

• Like 1

Jim Demery
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

Thanks Jim, its been 10 years for me, but certain things still drag me down. In many ways it sucks, but it lets you know just great he was. I just try to be to my kids and grandson, how he was to us. 

Randy

We'll said brother! I try to do the same and just be a man he'd be proud of. 

• Like 1

Jim Demery
3 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Randy

Thank you Randy 

Jim Demery

Well, the ole girl got another workout today. 12 inches of snow and still counting, so me and the ole girl will be busy when it finally stops snowing. 

20190112_113017.jpg

20190112_112318.jpg

20190112_112451.jpg

20190112_112540.jpg

Edited by Jim Demery
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The Tuul Crib

Nice lookin tractor Jim ! It has already with stood the test of time!  Thanx for sharing the pics with us . 

• Thanks 1