Razorback

Got the tiller mounted!

Razorback

I have not had my C160 very long. When I brought it home it had the 36” RD deck on it but I am going to use this machine for ploughing and tilling. I removed the deck (that was simple!!) then figured out how to attach the tiller. The previous owner didn’t have a belt for it.... looked in my shed..... had B140, B142, B156...... no B139!!!!!  That figures..... 

I installed the B140 just to see it turn, which it did, but it’s too long..... off to find one!!!

21B9B546-E9FE-4AE8-A383-72267ED49B9F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

clueless

Looks good, I plan on hooking mine up to my new to me C160 next month.

• Like 1

Razorback

Looks like my mail order favorite RockAuto has the Gates B139.... Two shipped to me is $55.

Can a vendor here match that?

clueless

Razor, WH made two different belts over the years, 1599 and a 110265, the 1599 is 139 inches and the 110265 is 141 inches. Still don't know if that inside or outside measurements. My tiller is a newer one 1996 the 141 inch fits just right. You can find either that are not WH oem for less than $55.00 shipped.

• Thanks 1

Razorback
5 minutes ago, clueless said:

Razor, WH made two different belts over the years, 1599 and a 110265, the 1599 is 139 inches and the 110265 is 141 inches. Still don't know if that inside or outside measurements. My tiller is a newer one 1996 the 141 inch fits just right. You can find either that are not WH oem for less than $55.00 shipped.

The B139 is 139” inside.... listing says 142”..... must be outer measurement.

The book for my tiller says WH part number 1599. $55 for two Gates belts delivered to my door was $20.79 per belt, I think it was $7.99 shipping? One Gates belt at NAPA was $45....

I am definitely open for suggestions, as long as they are good belts.

• Like 1

Razorback

Amazon to the rescue.... 2 belts, $35.08 to my door.

• Like 3

Razorback

Received the belts Friday. Had some time this afternoon to install one and till part of the garden. I really like this tractor AND the tiller! Works real good.

918DCCDF-579B-4E57-8CA8-C83E1DAC57C2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Razorback

Getting this C160 has reignited my desire to have a garden, which has set idle for the past 2 seasons. The garden plot was 50’x150’, and I keep telling myself that it will be smaller this season...... we’ll see. What I tilled yesterday was about 1/3 of that area.

Next step: remove the tiller, install the sleeve hitch and a Brinley plough, then roll over at least some of the remaining area. (Just to see how this machine does..... my favorite ploughing machine is the C160’s brother, my Speedex 1631) I will most likely add chains to the rear tires first.

Razorback

Also need to add some weights to the front.... I have plenty of that on hand, just need to fabricate some way of attaching it...... should be easy to accomplish.

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Razorback said:

Also need to add some weights to the front.... I have plenty of that on hand, just need to fabricate some way of attaching it...... should be easy to accomplish.

This is my way of adding front weight...

IMAG3377.jpg

IMAG1943.jpg

IMAG1944.jpg

IMAG1958.jpg

• Thanks 1

Razorback

Thank you for that.

The weights I have are ballast weights that were in some computer equipment racks to keep them from being top-heavy during shipment. They are approximately 6”x18”x1.5”...... with two hand holes in them..... plenty heavy individually, obviously way heavy combined.

I am envisioning some metal brackets secured to the frame, and made to quickly add or remove.... I’ll tinker with it and come up with a good solution.

• Like 1

Razorback

Posting a picture that shows the assist spring and lift cable..... zoom in and you can see how it goes together.

CCE65CCC-9081-4AFC-852B-249124B13F2C.jpeg