WVHillbilly520H

Be careful removing storm damage

Tractorhead

Whow, just read this.

Hope you're fine, glad to hear, you're not seriouseley injured.👍

Bruises semms not insurances in that circumstands.

To take a Pict of that situation will be the last issue i did... 😎 Or maybe... 

Agree 100% to Pullstart, allway's find a route for quick Escape is No1. before felling a broken Tree.

Trees witch are ripped and leaning to others, the can do uncontrollably fall or have some tension in any direction

you will not imagine. If you cut them, they can fall like a mess maybe in worse direction.

I allway's be very respectfully with such Tree's even if they looking small.

It make allway's sense in such Situation, to have a Buddy or a second person aside by felling such Tree's, 

just in case, even if it just for call help if needed.

Ripped Tree's are a Danger, you Shall not take on an easy shoulder.

Be happy to read, you can call yourself help.

Please be carefully with such things and take care of yourself, i wanna read more Stories about Tractors, not about insurances.

Healing prayers and best wishes to you.

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

A little morning update, I slept rather well even with an aching head and left shoulder, woke up to the shoulder throbbing but manageable and I'm a hat wearer and the knot on my noggin says otherwise, so I made it out in the rain this morning to take few more pictures of the incident area...as you'll see that tree was growing into that lean and couple of fence posts are what ultimately saved me, as well as how bad the Virginia Creeper, Honeysuckle, Ivy and wild grape vines are on the trees I've been slowly working on since early spring,  now waiting on the doctor office to call me back for an appointment to check me over and get an X-ray if needed.

IMAG5562.jpg

IMAG5561.jpg

IMAG5560.jpg

IMAG5559.jpg

IMAG5558.jpg

IMAG5557.jpg

IMAG5556.jpg

IMAG5555.jpg

IMAG5554.jpg

IMAG5553.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Glad you are ok.

• Thanks 1

c-series don

About ten years ago we had a guy come to work and teach us about chainsaw safety and felling trees. My dad bought me my first saw when I was 13-14 years old ( Echo 280E which I still have 35 years later) I have been clearing land with chainsaws,bulldozers,excavators,etc since I was 16 so I thought what could this guy teach me that I don’t already know? Boy was I wrong. Turns out a lot. One simple thing was not to take more than two steps without clicking on the chain brake. Very simple, roll your wrist forward and click it’s on. Once I got used to this I realized how much safer it is. Now I do it without really thinking about it. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

dcrage

Geez that is a jungle land where you are cutting. And probably 10x as bad in the summer when everything is leafed out!

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, dcrage said:

Geez that is a jungle land where you are cutting. And probably 10x as bad in the summer when everything is leafed out!

Yes sir it is.  Check out my post "Fighting the "Creeper""

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H Any broken bones ?

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H Any broken bones ?

Went to the doctor last evening, had X-rays taken but don't the results yet, will update.

Digger 66
On 12/27/2018 at 5:01 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

bone pictures

Don't forget to post those too 

• Like 1

Lee1977

Glad to hear your some what O. K. hope they don't fine anything with the X-rays.

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, Digger 66 said:

Don't forget to post those too 

I will if I get those.

• Like 2

WHNJ701

recently I had a few really big trees that were too close to the house and sheds taken down.  they had to be climbed and sectioned to get them down.  the first thing the crew did was spend 15 minutes walking around the "drop zone" making sure there no tripping or safety hazards 

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Update, X-rays came back normal so basically bruised and strained muscles, still sore but tolerable left arm still can't do a lot with yet, now the fun part has started hadn't really had an allergic rash from poison Ivy or Oak since my late teens early 20s, but I have an itchy rash in places from head to toe, could be the Virginia Creeper or the honeysuckle rose, I'll follow up later after I get back from urgent care.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Tractorhead

Good convalescent wishes to you.

Please be carefuller next Time :occasion-candle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

X-rays came back normal

It's good to hear you're not cracked, at least physically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

It's good to hear you're not cracked, at least physically.

Wife says I'm a bit mental...:ROTF:...so I'm back from the Urgent Care bad case of poison Ivy or Oak ect, got a shot for that and the wife is getting the rest of my Rx.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Wife says I'm a bit mental

A bit ??!!??

Glad you're healing....

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Glad to hear you didn't break  any thing.I have the same problem with poison oak/ivy. If I get within 10 feet of it , I look like a big scab within 24 hours. Hope the shot and RX work.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

How you doing there Jeff?

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

How you doing there Jeff?

Another update, been back to work for a couple days now (2 10hr days) my left shoulder is still sore not full range of motion, the shot and Rx definitely helped with poison Ivy but the the oral meds caused me to have severe indigestion/heartburn for last couple nights and days not much sleep but I do have a 3 day weekend before I start all over again, thanks for checking in on me, the old adage when rains it pours is playing for me now but all will be better sooner than later, Jeff.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H

I got the big yellow locust loaded up on my 5x8 utility trailer earlier today, from what you see on the ground to it all just barely fit on the trailer, left shoulder gave me a fit afterwards but I'll call it my physical therapy.

IMAG5577.jpg

IMAG5526.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

PeacemakerJack

Well done Jeff! I’m so glad that you are able to work that hard already.  Often getting back at it when you can, aids in the healing process as long as you don’t overdue it.  Years back, hospitals would keep you inactive for long periods but today they understand the importance of getting a patient up and moving as soon as possible.  Obviously they have found how much faster the human body is capable of healing when active.  So...that being stated, it is great that you are physically working again.  That is one big trailer load of wood for sure!

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

A lotta BTUs and "snap, crackle and pops"  in that load.        Good to see ya back working Jeff, but don't over do it brother.  Those sore shoulder can keep coming back.

• Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H

I rolled the bigger blocks on while the tailgate/ramp was down. I messed my right shoulder up 6-7 years ago so I got a good idea how far to go when working so I won't over do it on purpose.

IMAG5574.jpg

IMAG5573.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 6

WVHillbilly520H

It's been 2 weeks since the incident, loaded up a small amount of seasoned walnut I cut last spring and took it to my parents in WV this morning...shoulder still sore but "working" my way through it, while I was there I fired up the Cub Cadet 1450 with snow blower to keep the internals lubed up and ready to go if they get any snow this weekend the pond beside the garage and woodshed is frozen over like a skating rink.

IMAG5591.jpg

IMAG5590.jpg

IMAG5589.jpg

IMAG5588.jpg

IMAG5587.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1