bottjernat1

Collecting

giddyap

I think some impressive collections will be forthcoming. I just have a 12 x16 shed and it's stuffed.

Edited by giddyap
  • Like 2

bottjernat1
17 minutes ago, giddyap said:

I think some impressive collections will be forthcoming. I just have a 12 x16 shed and it's stuffed.

I have 3 sheds and they are full 2 of them are stupid full. my beater shed at my mother inlaws is the stupid full one. it is 8x10 and has nothing but carts and parts in it! I bought 2 sheds when dad died to save what i could that i didnt want outside. The 1st shed is the one i have at home. its 10x16. the second is my 12x24 at my mother in laws. minus the 4 wheeler i have the 4 wheeler at home.

20180609_153423.jpg

FB_IMG_1488813115384.jpg

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WHNJ701

collecting, restoring, showing, using etc.. is fine, folks that hoard 100s of tractors in buildings or trailers that never get touched or see daylight again until they drop dead doesn't do the world any favors

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

The Tuul Crib
4 minutes ago, jabelman said:

collecting, restoring, showing, using etc.. is fine, folks that hoard 100s of tractors in buildings or trailers that never get touched or see daylight again until they drop dead doesn't do the world any favors

:text-yeahthat: you said it brother!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

953 nut
2 minutes ago, jabelman said:

folks that hoard 100s of tractors in buildings or trailers that never get touched or see daylight again until they drop dead doesn't do the world any favors

They are preserving their herd for future generations to enjoy.     :handgestures-thumbupright:      Every year or so we hear about a mega auction somewhere that is liquidating an astounding collection of :wh: and we all get excited to hear it. As long as they aren't being sent to the crusher I'm glad they are being preserved.

• Like 8

dells68

From just my own perspective, I’d rather see someone protect or preserve these little tractors rather than letting them rot down.  Take the Charlottesville auction for example.  Lots of tractors of all makes, most stored inside and took minimal effort to get them going.  If the owner hadn’t taken an interest in these machines, how many might have been scrapped?  I’m glad he had an interest and preserved them for us!  Just my way of looking at it!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

bottjernat1
14 hours ago, c-series don said:

I don’t have a problem either! 

2A496794-871A-49AD-A726-7B180C63643B.jpeg

Its heaven!!

• Like 1

bottjernat1
3 hours ago, jabelman said:

i use mine not all the time but they do see work. i plowed snow in 2015 or 2016 with my restored rj58. i just wanted to to see how she would do. I was impressed. im hoping to put the deck i have on it next spring and try it out to. but most of the time she does sit and just look pretty. i put so much time and money into her i dont want to get her all scratched up LOL!

• Like 2

WHNJ701
48 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

i use mine not all the time but they do see work. i plowed snow in 2015 or 2016 with my restored rj58. i just wanted to to see how she would do. I was impressed. im hoping to put the deck i have on it next spring and try it out to. but most of the time she does sit and just look pretty. i put so much time and money into her i dont want to get her all scratched up LOL!

sounds like most of mine after they get restored I just run them around the yard every now and then like you said to much time and money in them 

• Like 2

giddyap

After years of having lawn service, we moved to a house with an acre. I showed my wife the new bids and she agreed a tractor was justified. That was five years ago and fourteen tractors. Neither of us knew how that first Work Horse affected me. But she tolerated my impromptu trips to get another because I always managed to flip them. Right now I think I will keep a 100 & 72 Cub (round fenders) and a 704 and my Super Size Suburban (round hoods and fenders)  So, not only did I save thousands of $$$ I now have 4 vintage tractors at no or little cost which my grandchildren will likely own when the time comes.     

• Like 1

WH nut

Im not a collector. Hoarder is more like it

953 nut
5 hours ago, WH nut said:

Im not a collector. Hoarder is more like it

:wwp:                               lots of                   :text-coolphotos: