tom coffey

new old guy here with my first Wheel Horse

tom coffey

Thanks for the responses to my previous posts. I have not been able to work on the WH much during Christmas and New Years but I hope to get back at it now. The photo that I posted earlier of the PTO parts were not mine. It was a picture I found elsewhere on the 'net. Someone noticed the wear on the horseshoe shaped part. Mine does not appear to have wear like that. I will check what I have against the parts diagram that daveoman1966 provided later today to figure out for sure what I need to find. I am now on my way to my local NAPA store for a set of points.

About the '40 Chevy two door sedan in the background in my first pics that someone mentioned, I will include it in some future pics. We have had it since I found the bare shell in a scrap yard in 1980. I added Mustang II front suspension with manual rack & pinion steering, and adapted GM disc brakes. The engine is a 261 cubic inch six from a 1962 Chevy school bus with a late sixties fully synchronized three speed column shifted transmission backed up by a 12 bolt Camaro or Nova rear axle, geared 3.08:1. It does great and we have driven it to several surrounding states. It's a keeper. We have others that might show up in some pics too. A '21 Model T Touring, a '55 Studebaker truck (my daily driver) and another or two.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Well Tom. I'm sure you do realize that you can't tease a bunch of five-year-olds about Vehicles like that and then not show us all pictures...

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Yeah if you don't show pictures I'm tellin mom!!:blink:

• Haha 2

Super-C 4 me

Welcome to :rs:

tom coffey

20180705_191415.jpg

20180502_163023.jpg

My '55 Studebaker is now on a '87 Dodge Dakota 2wd chassis with a 4.3 Chevy v6 & automatic trans. Of course power disc brakes and power rack and pinion steering. It has 2.90:1 rear gears and would cruise the interstate all day long at 80 MPH getting 20+ MPG. The picture was taken on the site where the Studebaker dealership, Wayne Johnson Motors, once stood in nearby Lenoir NC.

The '21 Model T on the other hand is completely back to factory original and prefers two-lane roads at speeds not greater than 45 MPH. Handling and braking get a little "interesting" at speeds above that. The grandsons love it as does the wife, on nice warm, dry days. The 1885 replica penny farthing bicycle was a special gift I received while still in the hospital after surgery resulting from an auto accident in July 2017. I am not yet able to ride it. It was made in 2003 by Rideable Replicas in California. It has never been ridden, The previous owner bought it for a wall hanger.  Eventually, I hope to take the maiden voyage on it.

Edited by tom coffey
forgot something

The Tuul Crib
32 minutes ago, tom coffey said:

20180705_191415.jpg

20180502_163023.jpg

My '55 Studebaker is now on a '87 Dodge Dakota 2wd chassis with a 4.3 Chevy v6 & automatic trans. Of course power disc brakes and power rack and pinion steering. It has 2.90:1 rear gears and would cruise the interstate all day long at 80 MPH getting 20+ MPG. The picture was taken on the site where the Studebaker dealership, Wayne Johnson Motors, once stood in nearby Lenoir NC.

The '21 Model T on the other hand is completely back to factory original and prefers two-lane roads at speeds not greater than 45 MPH. Handling and braking get a little "interesting" at speeds above that. The grandsons love it as does the wife, on nice warm, dry days. The 1885 replica penny farthing bicycle was aspecial gift I received while still in the hospital after surgery resulting from an auto accident in July 2017. I am not yet able to ride it. It was made in 2003 by Rideable Replicas in California. It has never been ridden, The previous owner bought it for a wall hanger.  Eventually, I hope to take the maiden voyage on it.

There we go now your talkin! By the looks of those the tractor should be no problem!

i myself are restoring a1067. lot of work with rewarding results! Post pics of progress!! By the way have you rode the bike yet?

Edited by The Tool Crib