tom coffey

new old guy here with my first Wheel Horse

ohiofarmer

A C-160 is a great catch in anybody's collection. I let one get away that I should have jumped on.  The fact that you got one for your first acquisition is like hitting a home run your first at bat.

Everybody has a favorite series of tractors but the c series is sort of like owning the last and best of the 2 cylinder John Deere "johnny popper" ag tractors. Congratulations.

• Like 2

daveoman1966

IMHO....The C-160 is the best Wheelhorse ever made...especaily the C-160 Auto.  

Too bad you're in NC..  I am in Pa...near Lake Erie...and have all the sheet metal to restore your C-160.  

Hood, fender pan, running boards...etc.  Also have other parts so keep me in mind. 

Dave... 

tom coffey

Dave, @daveoman1966  Can you help we with the small stuff? I need the complete headlight, whatever goes between the big curved part of the clutch mechanism and the iron outer part of the pulley and the steering bracket that bolts down the frame. The big pieces I will locate here locally as shipping would be expensive. If you have the small stuff I will gladly buy it from you, just let me know the price. I will post pics of the parts I mentioned. 

Wheel-Horse-TORO-Lower-Steering-Support-block-6396-CAST-IRON

In the clutch parts pic, I have the horseshoe shaped part, the two clutch pulley halves, the triangle shaped bracket, and the bracket lowest shown in this photo. I need everything else. Let me know, please. I hope I'm not breaking rules by turning this into a wanted to buy ad. If so Moderator fell free to delete and I will contact daveoman1966. Thanks.s-l1600.jpg

Blackhood Bill

:text-welcomeconfetti: to red square. Congratulations on your recent acquire. Your in the right place for any help you may need. There is a lot of knowledge here just for the asking.

Daron1965

Welcome to the site from Western PA.   Great purchase.  The C160 is a very good tractor.  

ebinmaine

@tom coffey

Welcome to Redsquare !!

I have to agree with @ohiofarmer and @daveoman1966 about the C160.

I too think it's the best of a fine line of equipment. I prefer an 8 speed like you have.

We're in the middle of a restoration of one. My 1974 C160... Cinnamon horse.

Don't be too shy about shipping charges. You'll often find the folks here will treat you so well it makes sense to pay the freight.

The fact that you got that for the price you did is fantastic. Also Awesome that you saved such a great rig from rotting away and put it to good use.

The resources to help you restore your Wheelhorse are all here.

Parts, knowledge, everything.

Check out the vendors section and see what you find there.

If Dave doesn't have what you need, someone else will...

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Tom   :WRS: You will find every thing here or on the net. Lots help if needed. Enjoy the site and enjoy the tractor.

953 nut

:WRS:

I too am from North Carolina, just a couple hours west of you. You did a nice introduction, but failed to tell us anything about your '40 Stovebolt Chevy in the first photo. 

One of the beautiful things about :wh: tractors is the interchangeability of parts. The running-board from any garden tractor model from 1968 to 2002 (300, 400 series) should bolt right up. The same is true of the steering and most of the PTO parts you mentioned.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

The Tuul Crib

You will have it running in no time!!  

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

Edited by The Tool Crib

rjg854

:WRS:  Enjoy the site, and good luck with your :wh:   Hopefully the engine will be able to run without to much trouble.  The 16hp is durn good engine.

T-Mo

@tom coffey welcome, Tom.  I believe you're on farmallcub.com also.  Anyways, welcome to Red Square.

daveoman1966

Here is a schematic of the C-160 PTO assembly.  Will be much easier for you to identify what parts you need from this pic, rather than "I need everything else".  Just list the item # from this pic....

c-160 PTO.gif

Edited by daveoman1966

AMC RULES

welcomewagon.gif.1b778557f6678e9ab718af27630883b8.gif449003066_righthorse2.png.110672af2b41ed58ab9137f7bb611228.png

Image result for merry christmas tractor gif

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:I have a C-160 Auto and it is a capable hard worker.  You will enjoy yours for work or show. They are good looking tractors.

It looks like you have close to everything for the PTO assembly.  it looks like the Horseshoe part 14-76 is quite worn out of round on the top end. It will work to get it running, but you may want to replace it or weld it up and grind it back round.

2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

You did a nice introduction, but failed to tell us anything about your '40 Stovebolt Chevy in the first photo. 

There are some great detectives on this site, they don't miss anything, even if it's in the background.

• Haha 1

KC9KAS

@tom coffey  :text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

Pullstart

Welcome @tom coffey!!  Nice rig!

Jesse Rieber

I found a place A-Z tractors with lots of wheelhorse parts (used),  He has some arrangement with  company for shipping which is economic.  Between A-Z and other sources you should be able to get what you need.

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Jesse Rieber said:

I found a place A-Z tractors with lots of wheelhorse parts (used),  He has some arrangement with  company for shipping which is economic.  Between A-Z and other sources you should be able to get what you need.

Lincoln at A to Z is a great guy and one of the Redsquare listed vendors.

Jesse, be sure to check out that section.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

I've dealt with him quite a few times and had great luck.

He does also sell a bunch of new parts for many makes through several vendors.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
19 minutes ago, Jesse Rieber said:

Lincoln at AZ will treat you well! He is at the top of my list!!  Cudos !!

6wheeler

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:. You have picked a great piece of equipment to start with. i have a C-160 auto and a C-165 8spd. Both with the venerable K-341. Excellent tractors. You will find lots of info :confusion-scratchheadblue: on here. a few :occasion-clown:'s as well. Sometimes, you may be forced to:deadhorse:, to bring it back to life, of course. You should be warned though. These tractors have a way of becoming addicting. First one:auto-biker: and, soon after? :auto-biker: another. And,so on. But, don't worry. We have a top group of :confusion-helpsos: :greetings-wavegreen: :auto-ambulance: just waiting to help coax.. I mean, help you cope with this..... Good Luck.

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, 6wheeler said:

a few :occasion-clown:'s as well.

Hahahahahahahaha

I might be one of those.....

But well said... And true.

• Like 1

JimmyJam

:text-welcomeconfetti::rs:

C-160 is a great machine. Nice find.

JC 1965