Chris T

Longest horse haul yet!

dells68

And I thought I was the only one who made crazy long hauls to rustle a horse😂. Nice tractor!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, Chris T said:

picking up another horse a few states away!

OK, it is official, you have qualified for membership!

284527935_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.9d5768bb9bdf13edda3f23715944242c.jpg

:text-coolphotos:                  Nice :wh:            :woohoo:

Herder

Nice haul. I am in mid state NY and quite sure that i had seen that 1045 on CL somewhere towards Vermont.  The drive though CT can take forever and when not timed right the traffic is a killer. It often stops me from giving any trips in that direction a second thought.  Congrats on the 1045!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Here we go again...Another one of them CT Yankees made it in and out of Heaven (er...MI) un-noticed and made off with another :wh:...

We need a wall...

:ychain:

Nice Haul! 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

Really nice :wh: Chris...

112800_th.gif.bd663ceba3ed0a0ac4a6b433268cf4c5.gif

definitely, has the perfect patina going on...    

keep up your good work buddy.  :text-woo:

1293331274_HorseRustler.jpg.428c1af0b37df52642ed30c8657a7967.jpg

• Like 3

Sparky
8 hours ago, Chris T said:

After several weeks of going back and forth with the owner, I planned to setup picking up another horse a few states away! After 1800 miles/ 29 hours of driving round trip straight through(CT to MI).

Having to deal with heavy snow, rain and just overall bad driving conditions with a few stops for food and drink....I now have a second 1045 added to my fleet! I will get more pictures in the morning 

Did you find anyone to make the trip with ya? Or did you go solo?

Of course....nice score!

WHNJ701

that's a sweet machine, i assume these are a transition model with the round fender and square hood, could someone explain this further 1045, is what a 10hp, 1965 year what does the 4 stand for? guess I have this to my wish list now 

Chris T
8 hours ago, dells68 said:

And I thought I was the only one who made crazy long hauls to rustle a horse😂. Nice tractor!!!

I’ve definitley done some crazy hauls but nothing like this one for sure! 

3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

OK, it is official, you have qualified for membership!

284527935_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.9d5768bb9bdf13edda3f23715944242c.jpg

:text-coolphotos:                  Nice :wh:            :woohoo:

Thanks 953 nut! I’ll definitely admit I have a problem and wouldn’t want it any other way...so maybe it’s not a problem just a addiction :confusion-helpsos:

1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Here we go again...Another one of them CT Yankees made it in and out of Heaven (er...MI) un-noticed and made off with another :wh:...

We need a wall...

Nice Haul! 

😂😂 in and out overnight! Even had a rental so it wouldn’t be traced back to my house HAHA Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Chris T
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Really nice :wh: Chris...

112800_th.gif.bd663ceba3ed0a0ac4a6b433268cf4c5.gif

definitely, has the perfect patina going on...    

keep up your good work buddy.  :text-woo:

1293331274_HorseRustler.jpg.428c1af0b37df52642ed30c8657a7967.jpg

Thanks Craig! Every time I say I’m done buying or need to sell off some I guess more keep hopping on the trucks but can’t complain!

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Did you find anyone to make the trip with ya? Or did you go solo?

Of course....nice score!

I ended up going with Bill that you know as well!(let me just say he wants no part of a road trip ever again 😂)  and thank you! 

47 minutes ago, jabelman said:

that's a sweet machine, i assume these are a transition model with the round fender and square hood, could someone explain this further 1045, is what a 10hp, 1965 year what does the 4 stand for? guess I have this to my wish list now 

jabelman, the machine was actually produced in late 1964. They were only made for a couple months. I would assume that’s where the “45” came from in 1045. Considering the 1045 was based off half on a 854 too. There are a lot of details that make the 1045 stand out from the other short frames. Like you mentioned being transition model with square hood and round fenders, also having the correct k241 10 hp with shallow oil pan, the front tires were also meant for the 1045 but I know of someone who also has them that originally came on a 1075, the belt guide on engine for drive belt is specific to 1045, and the square seat pan that is used on other round fender machines is found on the 1045. I’m sure there is other details I am missing but there is a short run down for you 

Edited by Chris T
  • Like 2

KC9KAS

@Chris T Nice tractor.

I have often wondered how far (mileage)  one would go for a tractor or other WH related item.

I made a 600 mile round trip for a couple of lawn sweepers and a plow.

Chris T
Just now, KC9KAS said:

@Chris T Nice tractor.

I have often wondered how far (mileage)  one would go for a tractor or other WH related item.

I made a 600 mile round trip for a couple of lawn sweepers and a plow.

Definitely depends on the deal for sure and how bad you want something as the buyer in my opinion

• Like 1

JoeM

I stopped looking further than 125 miles. I know on the map it always looks so close!

It is a lot of fun planning those trips especially if you got a good co-pilot.

I had a guy drive over alone, from Ohio, to pick up a deck in his car. Looked pretty tired when he showed up. I felt his pain. I threw in a couple front wheels, and spindles for one of his other projects as a consolation bonus!

• Like 2

Chris T

AB9CF99D-A895-4FEA-8D96-D3BD5D7728C3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Herder
10 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

We need a wall...

Nice Haul! 

Ya. Actually it wasn't me but thanks for the invite. 

• Like 1

Chris T

0DFE3DE9-20C1-46F3-A445-265A87BC0226.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

stevebo

Chris informed me over a week ago that he was making this trip for this machine. When he first told me he was heading to Michigan on the busiest travel day of the year I asked was it for a senior? He said no it was for a nice original 1045. He was not kidding. It is a really clean 1045. I was texting him EVERY step of the way. Asking... are you in traffic yet? Are you getting tired yet? etc etc.... 

Anyhow... Very nice find Chris and glade to see you hauling those nice ones back to CT..lol 

• Like 1

ZXT

Dang! It was difficult to convince myself to drive 2 hours to get my C-120! I couldn't imagine going that far for a Horse.. In my 10 MPG truck I would spend more than the tractor is worth in gas alone!

Nice score and props for being so ambitious!

ClassicTractorProfessor

That is one good looking machine, well worth the road trip to pick it up. Farthest I have ever went to rustle one was about a 3 hour drive, and people around here thought I was crazy for going that far. I have found several good deals on tractors a good ways away from home, but like @ZXT said above, the gas for my Triton V10 would far surpass what the tractor would be worth. I suppose if the right model came up I would probably go after it, but for now I try to only buy machines from here in Oklahoma, though they are hard to find

• Like 1

Chris T
5 hours ago, stevebo said:

Chris informed me over a week ago that he was making this trip for this machine. When he first told me he was heading to Michigan on the busiest travel day of the year I asked was it for a senior? He said no it was for a nice original 1045. He was not kidding. It is a really clean 1045. I was texting him EVERY step of the way. Asking... are you in traffic yet? Are you getting tired yet? etc etc.... 

Anyhow... Very nice find Chris and glade to see you hauling those nice ones back to CT..lol 

Thank you Steve! I definitely got lucky with not really hitting any traffic, and as far as being tired on the drive goes I think I was just so excited and running on caffeine it was impossible to get tired 😂.... 

5 hours ago, ZXT said:

Dang! It was difficult to convince myself to drive 2 hours to get my C-120! I couldn't imagine going that far for a Horse.. In my 10 MPG truck I would spend more than the tractor is worth in gas alone!

Nice score and props for being so ambitious!

Thank you ZXT! I used to turn down machines that were only a few hours away but at this point now in my life if I want something bad enough I’m going to do whatever it takes to get it! Not to mention I love traveling, like going to new places and meeting new people.

4 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

That is one good looking machine, well worth the road trip to pick it up. Farthest I have ever went to rustle one was about a 3 hour drive, and people around here thought I was crazy for going that far. I have found several good deals on tractors a good ways away from home, but like @ZXT said above, the gas for my Triton V10 would far surpass what the tractor would be worth. I suppose if the right model came up I would probably go after it, but for now I try to only buy machines from here in Oklahoma, though they are hard to find

Thank you Professor1990! I originally thought similar to what you and ZXT were thinking but to me, finding another 1045 in this original condition is nearly priceless! I ended up going with renting a new truck which was well worth it! I got 20-22 mpg with a new f150 vs if I took one of my trucks it would be a considerable amount less than that.

LengerichKA88
On 12/23/2018 at 7:24 AM, SylvanLakeWH said:

We need a wall...

Nice Haul! 

Isn’t there a law on the books up there that still says one can be hung for theft of a horse..... wonder if the wheeled variety counts? 😂:ychain:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
29 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

Isn’t there a law on the books up there that still says one can be hung for theft of a horse..... wonder if the wheeled variety counts? 😂:ychain:

:text-yeahthat: HHHMMM...You may be on to something there...

On the other hand, we (Michiganders) may be using the :wh: in question to eaves drop on our CT friends...never know - it could be a WH sleeper cell with GPS tracking and a listening device implanted under its hood... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oliver2-44

Excellent 1045 Horse and Bravo on the drive.

A 3-4 hour one way drive is not uncommon for me in Texas. I've almost made some out of state drives, but haven't pulled that trigger yet.  Then again my drive to the Big Show (hoping &planning) this year will be over 3100 mile round trip.

• Like 1

classiccat

it always amazes me that noone was tempted to put lipstick &/or mod a machine like this over its 50+ years!

She's a beauty!

Edited by classiccat
'
  • Like 1

ZXT
23 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that has a V10 with a drinking problem! I do have a Dodge though... No spark plugs shooting out of these heads!

Both are thirsty nonetheless..