edpm3

60-inch mower deck gauge wheel

edpm3

Can anyone suggest a source—preferably a low-priced one—for an 8-inch gauge wheel for a 60-inch mower deck, circa 1992? Thanks.

Lee1977

Try Surplus Center.com. I saw a 8" x 2" solid rubber 5/8" bore hub 2 1/4" wide ball bearing Carlise wheel for $5.95. That $150 from Toro just don't get it. 

That was from a 2018 catalog. I didn't look on line.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

edpm3

Thanks. 

The Tuul Crib

I would check eBay as well .  Sometimes and I use that word sometimes lightly,  you can find them at a good price 

Edited by The Tool Crib

gwest_ca

See if this link works to a Stens dealer.

https://www.bantasaw.com/catalog/pdf/default.asp

4th from the bottom is Tires Tubes and Wheels.

These will be the most popular used and includes the parts numbers for the different companies using them.

Looks like they are no longer available from Toro so a suitable replacement will be of interest to many.

Lets us know what you come up with.

Garry 

cleat

Good thing about these wheels is that they use a flanged ball bearing like front wheels on most Wheel Horse tractors but with a smaller center hole (5/8" I think).

I replaced the bearings in mine when I restored the deck but the rest of the wheel was in perfect condition.

1365202116_Deckwheelsandblastedandpainted2.JPG.3c4358ee98bd9de01d8490676f3070ee.JPG

437683665_Deckcompletelyrebuilt3.JPG.43313fb158c89521071973ddf7d22b4f.JPG

Cleat

• Excellent 2

gwest_ca

Opps. I knew they were still available but due to the estimated worth decided they are unobtainium. That's why I was looking for an alternative.

Garry

lynnmor
Just now, gwest_ca said:

Opps. I knew they were still available but due to the estimated worth decided they are unobtainium. That's why I was looking for an alternative.

Garry

They are no longer available on Toro"s website, so the ones you find are likely old stock or an outdated listing.

Lee1977

I just went by Harbor Freight they had some 2.5" x 8" wheels with replaceable bearings that look similar to the wheel shown above.  They were priced $5.99. 

• Like 1

edpm3
3 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

I just went by Harbor Freight they had some 2.5" x 8" wheels with replaceable bearings that look similar to the wheel shown above.  They were priced $5.99. 

Thanks. I took a look at them and they looked like they will do the trick.