Sammoore13bolens1053

Wheel horse 312-8, episode 2

Sammoore13bolens1053

Ok guys, the wheel horse is now turning over by the key. I have a problem, the dash lights (the ones that have 5 lights I believe seat switch, parking brake etc) one of which is always on as long as power is too the battery, and the other working light works if the test switch is used. This all happens whilst the key is in the off position. Any help appreciated, I’m thinking grounds? Can you guys tell me where the grounds are? Thanks

953 nut

Not sure what particular year you have, but this wiring diagram is about the same where the test lights are concerned.

• Like 1

Amh422

I just purchased a 1988 312-8.  I am having the same problem, where the parking brake light stays on, even when the key is off or removed.  Did you find a solution to this problem?

lynnmor

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Has the ignition switch been replaced?  A bad or wrong ignition switch may be the problem.

gwest_ca

Wiring diagram here

Most likely your parking brake switch is closed so the light is on. But that circuit is powered by the Accessories terminal of the ignition switch and with the key OFF the A switch terminal should be grounded along with the M or magneto switch terminal. Possibly wrong or failed ignition switch. The parking brake switch should not have power with the key OFF.

Garry

tunahead72
11 hours ago, Amh422 said:

I just purchased a 1988 312-8.  I am having the same problem, where the parking brake light stays on, even when the key is off or removed.  Did you find a solution to this problem?

The original poster hasn't visited RedSquare in almost a year.  @Sammoore13bolens1053 Do you have an update?

Amh422

I found this on another thread.  There was a much longer thread from 2009 that I cannot find again where they did all kinds of trouble shooting for the same problem just to find it was a bad transistor on the back of the circuit board the lights are mounted on.  I'm going to remove the board, clean it, and check the transistors for hopefully an easy fix.

Amh422

I found the other thread.  This WAY more trouble shooting.  I think I'm going to start with the circuit board after checking for corrosion on the connections.