Sign in to follow this  
hummod

New for this weekend

hummod

I brought these two Wheel Horse tractors home this weekend.

A Commando 8

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

And a 417-8

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

All the Commando 8 needed to run was a new battery and the fuel pump

diaphram un-stuck. It runs nice now. It even has Wheel Horse tires still

on it. The 417-8 had the PTO interlock switches loose keeping the PTO

light on. It does have high hours , but it runs very good now. The mower deck

is solid with no rust through. I got it at the farm auction in Muncy PA that

is run by Fraley's Auctions. There were at least a dozen or more Wheel Horse

tractors there of various types. Most went for more than I was willing to pay.

This one was not in with the rest of the garden tractors which may be why I got

it so cheap. The high hours might have something to do with it too. I guess I

have to stop at seven tractors. I have no more room.

Larry (hummod)

Kelly

Looks like you did good on both of them, only 7, I said that at 70 and still bring them home

TJ

Nice tractors. :omg:

Teddy da Bear

Nice score! :omg:

I said that at 70 and still bring them home
Kelly.....you need to update your signature....lol I have a feeling your not declaring an honest figure :drool:

past7971

I'd say you did REAL good on that haul :omg: I like those Commando 8's. Great, versatile tractor. Although I have many other higher hp tractors, theres just something about those "little" ones with the K161 or K181 that I like. My B-80's seem to have a sound of the own through their factory Nelson mufflers. That 417 may have some high hours but other than a few paint "scabs" looks like a nice solid tractor. And hey Larry, whats with the "Have to stop at 7 because your running out of room"??? PLEASE!!!--Lets face it-you've gotten this far-your hooked and your "addiction" is probably only gonna get worse. Dont worry, your surrounded by friends and trust me, we understand and will help you deal with it. :drool:

kpinnc

I guess I have to stop at seven tractors. I have no more room.

Hmmm, I think I said that once myself.... :omg:

Kevin

Red Horse

Looks like you did good on both of them, only 7, I said that at 70 and still bring them home

70 as in SEVENTY???!!! Hey Kevin no wonder we can't find any around here. I think most of them got hijacked when they left South Bend years ago. Never made it south of the Mason Dixon. :omg:

WHC-125

Very Nice machines :omg: Looks like you had a great weekend. I hope to have a 417-8 someday :drool:

Red Horse

Kelly, Did ytou say SEVENTY??? Hey Kevin no wonder we don't have any around here. I think these tractors just kept getting hijacked from South Bend and never made it south of the Mason Dixon. :omg:

hummod

WHC-125 Posted on March 23, 2009 06:26 pm

Very Nice machines Looks like you had a great weekend. I hope to have a 417-8 someday

I had wanted one too after I found out what features were on a 417-8. I don't

know how common electric lifts were but I haven't seen any others. Having been

into Wheel Horse tractors only since last July there probably is a lot I haven't seen.

I already had one friend offer me twice what I paid and another wants the electric

lift parts to put on his 518. Oh, by the way I had to pay 250 dollars for it plus sales tax.

It has 1855 hours on a working hour meter. That can't be right though because the

engine starts right up and does not smoke. The only problem I see besides needing some paint is that when running, the volt meter reads only 12 volts. It falls to 11.5 volts when the lights are on. I would have expected more like 14 volts. I guess I will

need to research Kohler charging systems.

Larry (hummod)

hounddoghundzsa

:omg: Must look like a WheelHorse convention EVERY day at your house!

HorseFixer

Larry Lowes would be happy to sell you all the building materials you need So's you could store more! :omg:

kpinnc

70 as in SEVENTY???!!! Hey Kevin no wonder we can't find any around here. I think most of them got hijacked when they left South Bend years ago. Never made it south of the Mason Dixon.

Oh, make no mistake Lance- They made it down here.

But you got too many "across the border" horse thieves :omg: that come down and get them! I won't mention names of course- (BPjunk, Horsefixer, Nick857, DMESS, etc...) But it has been known to happen!

We've been asleep at the wheel I guess. Oh well, we can't get them all... :drool:

So, I started bringing them home from PA and Indiana, just to try and even the score a bit.

Kevin

Red Horse

You know thats a good way of looking at it. If they're all in one place it's easier to getthem back. :omg: