WHX??

Prayers for Wheelhorseman & Family

12Horse Paladin

Prayers sent...

• Heart 1

Pullstart
On 2/22/2020 at 1:45 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Every time I wear your hoody I think of Scottie... Never had the pleasure of meeting him yet in person, but please know that continued prayers are sent for him and your family...

Jim, he’s an awesome young man.  I don’t recall a time I’ve ever seen him without a big ‘ole grin and a conversation to be had!  

Lowell, Joette and Scottie, hang in there!  Hope to see you a couple three times again this year if all goes well!  Take it easy on the healing, we’re pulling for ya!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

johnnymag3

I just found this thread....My heart breaks for the family.....

please reach out to me, and if you need anything I will make it happen. NO MATTER HOW FAR AWAY YOU MAY BE. 

John

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 4

Achto

Just wondering how Scott is doing after the last surgery? Been praying that things have healed properly.

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

SylvanLakeWH

Continued prayers...

• Heart 1

Lost.soul.collecter

Continued prayers to you Scottie and the family just keep hanging in there my whole family is praying for you and the family hope sometime we can meet you all

• Heart 1

JC 1965

Prayers just sent for Scottie and his family.

• Heart 1

PeacemakerJack

Thank you for the update.  The Stertz family will continue to pray for Scottie and the rest of the gang.  Please let me know if there is anything we can do for him/you.  

God Bless you Scottie you are loved and cared for!  Give your mom a HUGE HUG—she is an angel who loves you very much.  Words cannot describe her care, heartache, and love for you all through this trial.  

Just imagine how much more God loves you? It’s Never easy going through a trial but coming out on the other side sometimes we get the privilege to see why and other times not but He never leaves our side.  

• Heart 6

johnnymag3

God watches and sees all....never lose hope, and never give up. You folks are a wonderful family, and in time all will be well again.

Prayers Through Mary to Jesus....

John Magnarella

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

Keep up that smile Scottie!  Here’s some smiles for you!

C9EB6A86-F720-42AD-95E9-49C621164AFD.jpeg

B3682219-4561-428F-8DAE-A99DC55508AF.jpeg

B6E5C4BE-383E-413B-8614-11233C8BEF18.jpeg

13DEEF8E-23A3-498D-AFB3-6120C7EA45D3.jpeg

• Heart 2

WHNJ701

glad to hear things are getting back to normal, wish you all the best.  i don't comment on this thread much  but we are thinking about you and your family.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Razorback

Awesome update! Glad to hear Scott is doing so well!

Once he gets past this, any other problems he sees in life will be a piece of cake! He’s a STRONG kid!

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

Amazing update!  @SylvanLakeWH that’s that crooked grin I was telling you about!  Go Scottie Go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

PeacemakerJack

What a great update!  So awesome to see him out there on a :wh: working some soil and planting a garden!  The Stertz Gang will be praying for him on the 13th.  🙏🏻

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Great news and great picture.     So glad to see the improvement.    :pray:

• Like 2

953 nut

This has been a long journey but Scott's miraculous recovery gives us all renewed faith in the power of prayer.             :pray:

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

Zeek

Wow he has been through a TON! Glad he's doing better, it's been a long road . . .

• Like 2

johnnymag3

its not always the journey, but the outcome....AWESOME

• Like 2

johnnymag3

Although the journey is somewhat terrifying...............Prayers continue for you all

John Magnarella

• Like 3

rjg854

So happy to hear Scottie is progressing well, will continue my prayers this trial will hopefully soon be a thing of the past.

• Like 3

Pullstart
22 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

BDA172A2-6CF1-46CA-BC5C-C18FCEBD81DC.jpeg

I just noticed... 420LSE!  Lowell and Joette, are you spoiling him a little?  ❤️  He deserves it!

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Ann P

Prayers for this family!

• Heart 4

wheelhorseman

Update on Scottie....

Here is what has been going on since our last update in June.  This summer Lowell and I took Scottie and two friends to Wisconsin Dells for a mini vacation before school started.  During this mini vacation Scottie was able to be a somewhat normal teenage boy.  We found out that Scottie and his buddies liked to go racing in the go-karts.  When we came back school started for Scottie and he started his junior year in high school as a distance learner.  After long talks and meetings with the school and Scottie, it was decided that Scottie would start school with a typical course load and have a 504 in place if he needs it.  Unfortunately, we have had to use the 504 at times when he has difficult nights sleeping and bladder spasms.  Scottie has done all of his assignments by the due dates and for the first quarter he was on the High Honor Roll (this is the A Honor Roll).  In addition to being on the A honor roll Scottie was also the Medford Tiger for the month of November.  Scottie was also able to go to some of the home football games and be on the football field with his team.  This fall Lowell, Travis and Scottie attended the Plow days in Wisconsin and he had a good time.  

Since Thanksgiving, Scottie's suprapubic catheter was leaking and he was leaking from his penis tip.  Called and spoke with his surgeon and he wanted us to monitor his situation.  We did do just that and we ended up scheduling surgery on January 5, 2021.   So on Tuesday, Scottie and I headed back to St. Mary's Hospital to have yet another surgery.   The plan was to replace the suprapubic catheter and to scope Scottie's urethra to see if there would be any new scar tissue.  The surgeon came in and talked to Scottie about the option to remove the suprapubic catheter if everything is fine.  Scottie opted to keep the suprapubic catheter in as a back up in case something goes wrong.  Scottie came back from surgery and the doctor came and talk to both Scottie and I.  What we found out was this,  Scottie has no new scar tissue in the urethra.  The surgeon replaced the suprapubic catheter as Scottie requested.  Our new goal is this...in 3 months or sooner depending on if the catheter falls out on its own, Scottie will no longer have the suprapubic catheter.  Scottie is having a difficult time with this because he is scared that he will no longer have a back up if he can not pee normally.  Lowell and I are asking for continued prayers during this transitioning time for our family.

_DSC0715.JPG

Edited by wheelhorseman
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 8