WHX??

Prayers for Wheelhorseman & Family

nylyon

@wheelhorseman, Just checking in, hoping that Scottie's feeling better!

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

wheelhorseman

Update on Scottie...yesterday Scottie and I headed back to St. Mary’s because he was having extreme pain.  We found out he has a bladder infection which is causing his bladder to have spasms and causing him much extreme pain.  St Mary’s urology team put him on an antibiotic and another pill to help control the spasms.  He also received some pain medication to help with the pain in his pelvis area. Once we got home he started his antibiotic and then he started having more intense pain towards bed time. Scottie and I barely have slept the past few days do to him being in pain and unable to sleep.  Once the medication gets to the therapeutic level in his body his pain and the infection will slowly start to go away.  

Please keep Scottie in your prayers and thoughts!

• Sad 7
  • Heart 3

Kurt-NEPA

Prayers for Scottie.....

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

Continued prayers.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

JC 1965

More prayers just sent for Scottie and family.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Chris G

Continued prayers and best wishes to you all.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

wheelhorseman

We officially found out today that the bacteria in Scottie’s bladder is resistant to the one antibiotic we started on Monday.  So the medical team at St. Marys changed his antibiotic today and we started it tonight.  How was Scottie’s day?  Well it was very quiet as we were trying to get his pain under control and let him rest.  He did have a migraine headache from his traumatic brain injury so we are taking that one day at a time.  

Lowell and I appreciate y’all and we are very blessed to have our son home for Christmas and the New Year.  

• Like 2
  • Heart 7

nylyon

Recovery always seems so painful and slow. From my own experience with brain trauma, quiet, calm and low lights always seemed to help. So happy for you that he’s home, and hope that the new antibiotics kick in and squash the infection.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Razorback

Yes..... prayers, prayers, prayers!

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Sparky

Well I hope that the new meds kick  in and by Monday he is pain free!

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

formariz

I hope the best for him, that all of this suffering ends soon along with all the worrying and heartache for the family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Chris G

I second all above. I truly hope that the meds start working for him and that things start looking towards the better for him and the family.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Kurt-NEPA

Prayers on the way for Scottie, hoping the meds help and his recovery speeds up.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Sarge

Glad to hear he likes the cards - it's nice to know that other folks out in this great big world actually care about you, during this time little things like that can make a big difference. 

I hope he can kick this infection issue quickly, nothing worse than being bent and broken and having something like that on top of it all.

Continued prayers for you folks!

Sarge

• Thanks 1

wheelhorseman

So this morning Scottie’s suprapubic catheter was not draining for him so we came back to St. Mary’s to get his catheter flushed.  The medical team here decided to drain his bladder through his urethral stent for now. He is in tons of pain and they have given him some IV meds to help with the pain.  Scottie’s urology doctor is here helping him through this.  Their plan is replace the suprapubic catheter on Tuesday after both medical teams meet with Scottie.  We don’t know as of yet whether or not he will need surgery or what they plan on doing.  We will wait and see.  Scottie did get sent home with some good medication to help with his bladder spasms and his bladder pain.  

• Heart 8

WHX??

Cindy and I and our local :wh: circle  have a package for him and if Lowell can't come with the other MN guys to the Portage meeting next weekend we will get it to him some how. Glad to hear the old fashioned cards help if even in some small way.

Prayers...and keep :)

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Our prayers always. 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

It’s hard to hear of the complications involved in recovery...  I wish it would go smooth and uneventful.   Stay strong, Scottie and Familly!

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Just sent some healing prayers over the big pond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

Hang tough Scottie we are pulling for you!!!

• Thanks 1

ACman

Lowell, Joette, Scottie sendings more prayers your way. Don’t want to make this about me but for the last 8yrs (I celebrated my lifeday yesterday) I’ve been dealing with U.T.I’s , cathedrals , spasms and pain from head to toe . The wife (my 24hr caregiver) and I know what your dealing with so please don’t hesitate to send a PM . Maybe some of our experiences could help in some way .

• Thanks 2
  • Heart 6

WVHillbilly520H

@wheelhorseman, I hope that Scott is doing better as well as his brother and your family as a whole, also hope that the card my family sent arrived and helped brighten his day, best wishes and prayers for a full recovery, Jeff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

I continue to pray that Scotty continues to heal and that Brian is able to forgive himself for a weather caused mishap that was unintentional.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

spark949

Just saw this...my thoughts and prayers with you