WHX??

Prayers for Wheelhorseman & Family

DBlackston

Wishing Scottie a good recovery, I had not realized his injuries were so severe. He sounds very determined to make a great recovery, sometimes sheer will can be the best medicine!

He has some amazing parents that obviously care for him very deeply, he will always appreciate all the things you did for him. Its very moving and inspiring to see the support you give him

I'm from way down in Kansas but I hope to make it up someday to meet you guys in person!

dells68

Scottie is a very special young man and he is here with us because God has a big plan for him!  Keep the faith and he WILL DO GREAT THINGS!

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

Blondeflutterby

Very glad to meet you today, but even happier that I was able to support such a great cause. The Raether Family sends their prayers for a full recovery!

wheelhorseman

Update on Scottie

Scottie and I headed to St. Mary's in Rochester for his reconstructive surgery.  This reconstructive surgery was to re-connect his bladder to his urethra.  However, upon our arrival I received a phone call from his pediatric urologist asking us if we had left home yet, as they were having equipment malfunctions.  I informed the surgeon that we were already at St. Mary's and that we were about to check in.  He informed me that he was trying to get the other robot from the emergency department operating room and that he would call me back.  We checked in and went upstairs and upon our arrival, the nursing staff had no clue what was going on with the robot malfunction.  I informed them that Scott's surgery maybe cancelled and they went ahead and checked him in.  I did receive another phone call from the pediatric urologist informing me that he could not get the robot from the emergency department and that we had to reschedule his surgery next week or the following week.  

Lowell, Scott and I were relieved as to the surgeon's decision to cancel his surgery.  I was told that the robot was an important part of his surgery today and they did not want to risk the chance of him being cut open and the robot failing 20 or so minutes into the procedure and then not being able to complete the procedure.  I found out today that our hospital stay will be for 4 days or longer depending on Scottie's bowels and if he can regulate them or if he has control of them.  I will know more in the next upcoming days and will keep you posted.  

Thank you for all the prayers!  We surely do appreciate them and everyone of you!

Here is Scottie at Portage with Peacemaker Jack's Boys hanging out in our trailer.  Thank you!

boys.jpg

boyz.jpg

Edited by wheelhorseman
  • Heart 9

rmaynard

Sorry you had to make the unnecessary trip, but better safe than sorry. 

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Sounds like good news. Looking forward to seeing you guys again in a couple weeks!

nylyon

That's great news!

wallfish

Glad to hear the good news and :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: Scottie

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:

rjg854

Welcome home Scottie   :woohoo:

Pullstart

Happy belated birthday, Scottie!  

rmaynard

Glad you are home Scott. Hope your birthday was good (as good as it can be under these circumstances). :occasion-cake: I showed this latest picture to my wife and she noticed the two boxes of Nutty Buddies on the table. :thumbs:  Those things are a staple around the Maynard house. No wonder I can't lose any weight.

Good luck. I hope you heal quickly from this latest surgery.

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Happy Birthday Scottie, good to hear you‘re back home.

Stay healthy and keep growing.

All the best from my side of the Pond.

Let yourself celebrate properly 👍

• Like 1

Sparky

Thanks for the update.

This story is always incredible to read and pulls at my heart every time I read one of the updates. Our son at Scotty’s age had a screw put in his hip and at around 10 years old had his appendix removed. Both were traumatic experiences for both my wife and I (and my son) but pale in comparison to the situation your working thru. 

Congrats on the successful surgery!

nylyon

Thank you for the update, I was thinking of him today glad to hear things are progressing!

Sparky

Appreciate the update. Also appreciate the medical explanations you added, without them I would be scratching my head trying to comprehend much of it. 
  Happy to hear that Scottie has progressed in the right direction :handgestures-thumbupright: !

JC 1965

Prayers still being sent your way Scottie.

Pullstart

Thanks for the update!  Go Scottie Go!

Lost.soul.collecter

Wow I'm so sorry to hear about this me and my family will be praying for them and the family God bless :eusa-pray: 

Mickwhitt

Best wishes and our prayers to your family from over here in England. 

I was a serious collision investigator in my previous job and that crash looked as bad as any I have dealt with. Side impacts are always bad as seat belts dont function for them. 

The little one was lucky to survive such an impact and come out as he has. I know there are a lot if long term injuries, but he is still with you.

Take care and look after each other.

All my love, Mick xx

• Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

Continued prayers...