Jay Wellwood

Talk to me about the 856 model...

WHX??
13 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Desirable to me because I was born in August 1954.......8/54 ;)

I just checked your birthdate on  checkbirthday.com rjg and it  says you were born in '55? I best just come and get your '64's ....:ychain:

• Like 1

Racinbob
16 hours ago, WHX21 said:

May not be necessary, if they don't hold air one can always tube them.  Especially if they have the :wh: molded into them. The originals are the best tires unless they rotted that bad that they are falling off the rims,

That tractor has got some serious character and looks to be original and unmolested ....would be welcome in my herd any day!

Ok you got me scratching my head now Terry :confusion-confused: but it don't take much to confuse me.

Dino's 876 should have the metal dash ... the plastic ones didn't come out till the 70's and the B/C series? Where's out resident historian @Racinbob when you need him? :lol:

I was thinking the dash plate too then kept reading and saw that he meant the console plate. I never thought about it but now I'm wondering if the metal and plastic dash plates would interchange. It may require that the choke and throttle controls be swapped out but I'm thinking thee plares would. 

16 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I talked with Bob for almost 3 hours yesterday on the phone.  I think I wore him out and his ear hurts.

I think Terry is talking about the plastic piece down by the shifter???  :confusion-confused:   DA BEARS...bring on the Packers.

According to my phone it was 3 hours and 16 minutes. Enjoyed every minute of it :orcs-cheers:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854
10 hours ago, WHX21 said:

I just checked your birthdate on  checkbirthday.com rjg and it  says you were born in '55? I best just come and get your '64's ....:ychain:

I'll have to check that out :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Haha 2

stevasaurus

I figured I should add a picture of the console.  It is missing a part toward the seat.

DSCF9022.JPG

DSCF9021.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Lane Ranger

Some more 854 and 856 Wheel Horse photos!

AC11319A-77CA-47A5-947C-DA39E3BFEAD8.jpeg

D849F390-0353-4792-8E95-6F0F293D8891.jpeg

4D6D6401-B3A4-4095-8BB6-B8CE3766DD57.jpeg

98640C6A-675C-48F5-AB0D-6F25F78420D2.jpeg

• Like 3

Horse Play

I love my 857.  I mow with it every week in the summer and push snow in the winter.  The K181 runs amazing and does not lose a drop of oil. DSC_0008.JPG.d8977b66a8c183e2e7fbe872d745ef38.JPGDSC_0012.JPG.8f07cc2c69eb5994345fe4fcb0324ca7.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

cafoose
On 12/13/2018 at 12:36 PM, stevasaurus said:

The 1965, 1966, and 1967s are basically the same horse.  Most like the K-181 Kohler 8 hsp engines, and some came with the Tecumseh 6 hsp engines.

Here is my 857...8 hsp   electric start   1967

2009_0428rollerlawn0003.JPG

This is my 876   8hsp   automatic trans   1966

DSCF8749.JPG

On 12/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, Vinylguy said:

Steve

Your 876 appears to have the extruded plastic console? 

What year did they change to the metal console plate with screen printed lettering?

On 12/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, stevasaurus said:

Terry, I do not know the answer to that question.  :(

Here is the dash plate and console on my 876 I bought at an auction in the early 90's. I believe it's original I'd love to restore the console plate but can't find any decals :sad:

20181215_153237.jpg

20181215_153247.jpg

• Like 2

Sarge

Get with @Vinylguy (Terry) and he can hook you up on new vinyl covers for those two areas, as well as the correct and new woodgrain decals. The surfaces of those plates must be cleaned very well and made perfectly smooth or the pits and such will show through. WH originally did those parts in an inked silkscreen process that no one can really duplicate these days without a tremendous expense. There are a lot of examples that have Terry's vinyl on them during restoration work, the parts look new if they are done correctly.

Sarge

• Thanks 2

cafoose
34 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Get with @Vinylguy (Terry) and he can hook you up on new vinyl covers for those two areas, as well as the correct and new woodgrain decals. The surfaces of those plates must be cleaned very well and made perfectly smooth or the pits and such will show through. WH originally did those parts in an inked silkscreen process that no one can really duplicate these days without a tremendous expense. There are a lot of examples that have Terry's vinyl on them during restoration work, the parts look new if they are done correctly.

Sarge

Just ordered the dash decal from @Vinylguy a couple days ago but can't find anything for the console :sad: I got the rest of the decals at the BIg Show :banana-jumprope:

Vinylguy
33 minutes ago, cafoose said:

Just ordered the dash decal from @Vinylguy a couple days ago but can't find anything for the console :sad: I got the rest of the decals at the BIg Show :banana-jumprope:

Charles

Now that I know who you are I have added your account to the support group. Next time you log in to your redoyourhorse.com account all prices you see are 15% lower than normal retail on 95% of the items listed.

I do make the brushed chrome decals for your console and have one with a few very small flaws that I will be sending you with you previous purchase so do not order one at this time.

Let me know if it works for your restore and please post pictures

and comment on any install issues  you may have found. Customer feedback is important in helping improve my products. 

Thank you for your support of the world's greatest Wheel Horse forum.

https://www.redoyourhorse.com/875-1075-876-1076-and-1276-model-console-decal/

1699802049_876console.jpg.92de603601beeb56f39406e42d483783.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

cafoose
13 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

Charles

Now that I know who you are I have added your account to the support group. Next time you log in to your redoyourhorse.com account all prices you see are 15% lower than normal retail on 95% of the items listed.

I do make the brushed chrome decals for your console and have one with a few very small flaws that I will be sending you with you previous purchase so do not order one at this time.

Let me know if it works for your restore and please post pictures

and comment on any install issues  you may have found. Customer feedback is important in helping improve my products. 

Thank you for your support of the world's greatest Wheel Horse forum.

https://www.redoyourhorse.com/875-1075-876-1076-and-1276-model-console-decal/

Thank you very much Terry I really appreciate it! :banana-dance: I will be sure to post pictures and any comments I may have I really appreciate all that you do for :rs:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Jay Wellwood

Shipped yesterday.   :happy-bouncyyellow:

856.xspf

• Like 1

Jay Wellwood

Would one of you fine gents with an 856 post a pic of the dash/controls are?  

My dash has long since lost the decals on it and looking at the OM, I'm not certain I know which knob/cable assembly is which (choke vs throttle) as I have one of each, which are no longer labeled.  :o

ebinmaine

As sitting in the driver's seat the choke should be on the left

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

All my tractors are choke = left and throttle = right.

• Like 2

Jay Wellwood

Thx guys

• Like 1