ztnoo

The Incredible Gary Sinise Just Flew 1,000 Gold Star Kids to Disney World for Christmas…and Their Surviving Parents

roadapples

He has done a lot for our military. Great guy.....

• Like 2

Mows4three

What an incredible thing to do for these kids.   They have been through so much. 

Dave

• Like 1

ztnoo

" According to KCAL-TV, the Gary Sinise Foundation filled 15 planes full of Gold Star families to go to Walt Disney World down in Florida as a special Christmas present called the “Snowball Express.”

About 1,700 people from 15 locations across the country board the Snowball Express on their way to a 5-night vacation in Orlando"

If he's footing the bill himself, we're talking some very serious money here, folks. Amazing generosity!

Edited by ztnoo
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Thank you, Lieutenant Dan!  :flags-waveusa::text-bravo:

• Like 1

dells68

It doesn’t matter if he’s footing the bill himself or if he helped raise the money.  He is the one making it happen and you’ve gotta have nothing but respect for that!  What an amazing act!  Make me think of the Gatlinburg, TN fire.  Dolly Parton and her foundation made sure each displaced family got a check until they were back on their feet.  If you’ve got the money, that’s not makes you who you are.  It’s what you do with it that counts.  And those two are models of what it means to be American.  I’ll never have money, but if I did I would hope I would use it the same way!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

LengerichKA88

He’s a fantastic guy, he never ceases to amaze. 

• Excellent 1

LengerichKA88

One thing I feel compelled to point out (because I am one) is the difference between Gold Star and White Star that the article doesn’t separate. 

For those who may not know, a Blue Star flag is displayed by immediate family of a service member who is serving in a war/hostile zone. 

A Silver Star Flag is displayed if that service member was wounded. 

A Gold Star is displayed of that service member is killed in combat, or succumbed to their injuries.  

A White Star is displayed of that service member/ veteran takes their own life. I am a White Star, not Gold Star, son. 

I dont mention this to detract from Mr. Sinises’ great work and charitable nature, or to farm for pity for myself. I mention this because the “White Star” status doesn’t get mentioned as often, and many people don’t know that it is it’s own “status” if you will. 

5A906053-1014-4464-AF9C-D3C9E45E4693.png

Edited by KyleLengerich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, KyleLengerich said:

One thing I feel compelled to point out (because I am one) is the difference between Gold Star and White Star that the article doesn’t separate. 

For those who may not know, a Blue Star flag is displayed by immediate family of a service member who is serving in a war/hostile zone. 

A Silver Star Flag is displayed if that service member was wounded. 

A Gold Star is displayed of that service member is killed in combat, or succumbed to their injuries.  

A White Star is displayed of that service member/ veteran takes their own life. I am a White Star, not Gold Star, son. 

I dont mention this to detract from Mr. Sinises’ great work and charitable nature, or to farm for pity for myself. I mention this because the “White Star” status doesn’t get mentioned as often, and many people don’t know that it is it’s own “status” if you will. 

5A906053-1014-4464-AF9C-D3C9E45E4693.png

I am sorry for your Loss, Kyle.  I can’t imagine the things some people have to experience protecting chaps like me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LengerichKA88
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I am sorry for your Loss, Kyle.  I can’t imagine the things some people have to experience protecting chaps like me.

I appreciate that. 

My sole intent was to spread a little bit of knowledge, because as we learned on Saturday mornings...

8F2601F6-4BF8-4502-BCC3-072F8F30B585.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

The Tuul Crib
6 hours ago, dells68 said:

It doesn’t matter if he’s footing the bill himself or if he helped raise the money.  He is the one making it happen and you’ve gotta have nothing but respect for that!  What an amazing act!  Make me think of the Gatlinburg, TN fire.  Dolly Parton and her foundation made sure each displaced family got a check until they were back on their feet.  If you’ve got the money, that’s not makes you who you are.  It’s what you do with it that counts.  And those two are models of what it means to be American.  I’ll never have money, but if I did I would hope I would use it the same way!

Had a good friend here in Nashville that lost their home in the Gatlinburg fire. Dolly really is a beautiful and caring person. My hats off to all those wonderful ones!!

:text-thankyoublue:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ztnoo

@KyleLengerich, I appreciate your explanation and your clarification of the meaning of the "Star" banners.  833257569_USwavingflag.png.d22ea2089d5a87eea1ed20be510917f2.png

Additionally, I am curious about another phrase you used.........thinking maybe I know what that reference point may be, but would appreciate your clarification on the phrase:

2 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

because as we learned on Saturday mornings...

Could you please expand and elaborate further on this reference?

Regards,

Steve Koontz

Gas City, IN

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 2

LengerichKA88
2 hours ago, ztnoo said:

@KyleLengerich, I appreciate your explanation and your clarification of the meaning of the "Star" banners.  833257569_USwavingflag.png.d22ea2089d5a87eea1ed20be510917f2.png

Additionally, I am curious about another phrase you used.........thinking maybe I know what that reference point may be, but would appreciate your clarification on the phrase:

Could you please expand and elaborate further on this reference?

Regards,

Steve Koontz

Gas City, IN

Since @pullstart and I are roughly the same age, I figured there was a good chance he had seen the cartoon “GI Joe”. One of the things they said on the show, usually after imparting some kind of wisdom was: “And now you know, and knowing is half the battle!” 

Didn’t mean to confuse, or derail, sorry!

• Like 2

ztnoo

OK.......I was thinking Catholic catechism that kids who were Catholic had to attend on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.......which a was a very long time ago, since I'm 40 years your senior...... us old folks take everything so literally........sorry. Must have something to do with our language shortcomings.......  1f914.png.08aee00876b41e3fac1c7628249cecb0.png

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I think I remember something like that on scholastic rock on sat. mornings. I wish those were still on! 

Randy

LengerichKA88
2 hours ago, ztnoo said:

OK.......I was thinking Catholic catechism that kids who were Catholic had to attend on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.......which a was a very long time ago, since I'm 40 years your senior...... us old folks take everything so literally........sorry. Must have something to do with our language shortcomings.......  1f914.png.08aee00876b41e3fac1c7628249cecb0.png

No need to apologize at all! 

I do remember my grandparents talking about spending their Saturday’s the same way. 

The Tuul Crib
17 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

I think I remember something like that on scholastic rock on sat. mornings. I wish those were still on! 

Randy

:text-yeahthat:

The Tuul Crib
17 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Randy

Actually I like Rocky and Bullwinkle!