Sammoore13bolens1053

Wheel horse 312-8

Sammoore13bolens1053

Hey everyone, got myself a horse finally, 312-8 early one, it’s got a kohler 12 hp k series. Any info on it, manuals, parts manual, it’s got the unidrive any issues about these? It’s sat outside 20 or so years and not too good condition, im determine to get it running. Thanks

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Welcome

Great horse, I restored one for my son and he uses it for his weekly mower and other task

• Excellent 1

Sammoore13bolens1053

Nice, I’m excited about it lol

Pollack Pete

Great tractor.I have 6 or 7 of them.Some with K series.Some with Magnums.Can't kill any of them.Good luck with your new toy.

Lee1977

First of all we need pictures! Then check the transmission for water if it sat out side that long. The transmission oil will look muddy brown if it has water in it. It needs to be drained there is a hex plug in the bottom of the case to drain it. The tractor need to be jacked up in front to get it out. Then it needs to be washed out with diesel fuel it might take a couple of times. If you have the engine running  put it on jack stands and run the transmission in all the gears while cleaning it. The transmission takes 2 quarts 90 weight oil when refilling it. The plug on the side has to be in place to get the two quarts in. Fill from the transmission oil check on top. Some one will be along shortly about getting the engine running.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Excellent 2

gwest_ca

To get the proper manuals you need to give us the tractor model number and serial off the data decal under the left side of the seat. Failing that post all the numbers off the engine data decal including the serial number.

Garry

• Excellent 1

Sammoore13bolens1053

Ok thanks

953 nut

:WRS:

Presuming it is the original engine you have a '85 or '86 312-8, after that they went to the Magnum Kohler engines. These manuals should be helpful.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

The Tuul Crib

First of all....:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:and second of all

:wwp:

• Like 1

Sammoore13bolens1053

Ok, thanks for the manuals. I need that wiring diagram as it lay outside because of its wiring. I’ve actually been on Hera wee while, just not been active.

gwest_ca

The big difference between 1985 and 1986 is the 1986 uses a low oil switch in the starter circuit.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sammoore13bolens1053
5 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

The big difference between 1985 and 1986 is the 1986 uses a low oil switch in the starter circuit.

Garry

Mone has that, at the bottom of the kohler engine lookin at the flywheel side it’s on the right side. What year would this be?

gwest_ca

That would be 1986. The model number will be 

1986 312-8 model 21-12K802

or

1986 312-8 model 21-12K803

depending on which bearings were used in the transmission differential.

This operator manual has the correct engine oil capacities.

How to remove the low oil switch without damaging it

Garry