dells68

Plowing snow on a GT 14

WildmanC120

Looking good.  Wish we would get.some snow here in upstate NY. 

What you have for an engine in that thing?

• Like 1

Sparky

WOW!! 

Might be time to coat the blade with some Pam spray.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

953 nut

What a difference a few degrees can make, we are only a hundred miles south of you and had a lot of rain all day with temperatures of 34*+/- and it didn't become snow until night time. Just came in from pushing a couple inches of slush, very overcast and forecast of more of the same tonight so I wanted to get that off the driveway so it wouldn't become ice.

• Like 2

dells68
40 minutes ago, Sparky said:

WOW!! 

Might be time to coat the blade with some Pam spray.

Yup Mike, think you’re right!  I hadn’t pushed any dirt or snow with it since last year and she had lots of bite today.  Didn’t think about it until it started sticking so bad.  Beasty still got the job done though!  

49 minutes ago, WildmanC120 said:

Looking good.  Wish we would get.some snow here in upstate NY. 

What you have for an engine in that thing?

It was a parts tractor I got with my all original GT 14 and didn’t have an engine, so I tried a 13.5hp predator from Harbor Freight and man will it do the job!!  Tie between this one and my C125, Coyote, for which is my favorite worker.  My little 68 lawn ranger is next on the list!

• Excellent 1

oldredrider

Dell, if you want to go back original, I've got a motor waiting to be rebuilt for it. :rolleyes:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Yep here's our trace to an inch :ROTF:...

IMAG5472.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68
26 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Dell, if you want to go back original, I've got a motor waiting to be rebuilt for it. :rolleyes:

I’m going to go ahead and beat the snot out of this predator right now,   Might as well get the good out of it, but I’m putting that 10hp shaker I got from you on a tractor for Emory right now.  I’m really glad I didn’t sell it now!  I’ll keep that in mind down the road though!  Who knows what I’ll end up doing next - I drive my wife crazy constantly dreaming up new projects!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

dells68

What were they smoking Jeff?  That sucker made a b line straight for us!  I think this is the most snow Emory has ever seen or got to go out in!  Most I remember getting in December in quite some time!!

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
35 minutes ago, dells68 said:

What were they smoking Jeff?  That sucker made a b line straight for us!  I think this is the most snow Emory has ever seen or got to go out in!  Most I remember getting in December in quite some time!!

I knew it was gonna be more because coming back the step daughter's band try outs the deer were feeding  heaving from around noon yesterday, watch the critters  not the meteorologist, that's how I was brought up, but now they figured it out...

Screenshot_20181209-170421.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well guys we have about 5 or 6 inches down here in the  flat lands now, not sure if it is still snowing as it is dark and I am too lazy to cut on outside lights. City will be closed tomorrow as the idiot mayor announced last week that no outside contractors will be used for snow removal this year. We are responsible for road maintenance and not the state DOT. Nice to be retired .  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH

:banana-skier:

chip61
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Well guys we have about 5 or 6 inches down here in the  flat lands now, not sure if it is still snowing as it is dark and I am too lazy to cut on outside lights. City will be closed tomorrow as the idiot mayor announced last week that no outside contractors will be used for snow removal this year. We are responsible for road maintenance and not the state DOT. Nice to be retired .  

City of Richmond snow removal has been terrible ever since I can remember. I thought we were looking for 2-4", but when I measured it at 4:00 we had 8", and looking at the areas I cleared for the dogs we have at least another 4". I was in Mathews earlier today and it was just a cold rain down there but as I made my way up the road it was only 15 or 20 miles and everything was covered. The further I went the worse it got. I'm pretty sure tomorrow has been cancelled. I bet the grocery stores have been cleaned out-nothing like a good snow to create panic around here-you'd think the world was going to end and no one would ever make it to the store again.

• Haha 5

The Tuul Crib

Well now I am full of jealousy and someways because all we got here was one flake or two I think we may have got a dusting!  But on reality if we got that much here it would shut the whole city down I mean the whole thing. LOL Which means my horse has to stay in the stall and not be able to push anything.Enjoy!!

• Like 1

cschannuth
5 hours ago, dells68 said:

Yup Mike, think you’re right!  I hadn’t pushed any dirt or snow with it since last year and she had lots of bite today.  Didn’t think about it until it started sticking so bad.  Beasty still got the job done though!  

It was a parts tractor I got with my all original GT 14 and didn’t have an engine, so I tried a 13.5hp predator from Harbor Freight and man will it do the job!!  Tie between this one and my C125, Coyote, for which is my favorite worker.  My little 68 lawn ranger is next on the list!

Those Predators make great plow tractors.  I have the 6.5 that I put in my 606 roller and it is a monster pushing a 42" blade.  I've had it a couple years and it always starts on the first pull.  Plus I think it helps rear traction since it's so light up front.  

Edited by cschannuth
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I did have the anniversary with the new tires and deuce out playing in the first 4" or so...no pics... maybe tomorrow... was busy trying to get a snow plow installed on an older GMC 1/2 ton for the BIL to plow his driveway with, got the frame on and the lights working but didn't get pump wired up.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have a Drs appointment on Friday so the city streets maybe clear by then.  Snow like this is going to be a big pain in the butt. We probably won't get mail until Wednesday. Ha Ha no bills for a change.

• Haha 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Enjoying following along, here comes ol man winter, sneakin up on everyone. Dont get caught with your plows down.

:lol:

Glenn

• Haha 4

Razorback
14 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I knew it was gonna be more because coming back the step daughter's band try outs the deer were feeding  heaving from around noon yesterday, watch the critters  not the meteorologist, that's how I was brought up, but now they figured it out...

Screenshot_20181209-170421.png

knew that alert area looked familiar...... I have a cousin that lives outside of Independence, VA. I’ll text her husband today and see how they are doing.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
On 12/9/2018 at 4:26 PM, dells68 said:

drive my wife crazy constantly dreaming up new projects

That's what it's all about right there.....

U guys can keep the White stuff down south for awhile longer.

We've already had an overdose this fall.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

I posted some video here...

• Like 2