• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

tractornut86

20170515_125350.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

AMC RULES

:eusa-clap: The :wh: unicorn, I've heard 'em say...didn't exist. 

The Tuul Crib

That is a beautiful survivor!!

Very nice

wallfish

Nice!

I thought those were cable steer

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I like the patina.

Glenn

• Like 1

roadapples

They shouldn't have made it so complicated..:ychain::ROTF:

Nothing like having a full gas tank attached to a hot engine right under your.....:ph34r:

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH

:bow-blue:

peter lena

that thing is sweet ! just the look of it , stops you in your tracks. would not touch its finish, probably an engine upgrade , that would make a great ride around. pete

• Like 1

tractornut86
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

that thing is sweet ! just the look of it , stops you in your tracks. would not touch its finish, probably an engine upgrade , that would make a great ride around. pete

An engine upgrade would greatly kill the value of it. Some consider the RJ25 as holy grail of Wheel Horse. There is more Seniors and Lever Steers then there is Rj25. 

• Like 3

peter lena

sorry about that ,that was the first thing that came to mind. enjoy it as it is , pete

VinsRJ
On 12/9/2018 at 10:33 AM, wallfish said:

Nice!

I thought those were cable steer

John, it probably was a cable steer originally but most if not all early 55's that had cable steer received the recall drag link steering upgrade.

Interesting thing is it looks as if at one time someone added what looks like RJ58 hood decals.

VinsRJ
On 12/9/2018 at 10:24 AM, tractornut86 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9bimageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9bHere is my brothers RJ25. 

20170515_125343.jpg

Can you tell me if it has a mechanical governor or a air-vain governor Model 8 motor.

Thanks Vin

tractornut86

Vin, can't tell you for 100% but believe it's an air vain. Been couple years since even saw the tractor. It's been in the back of the one building for a long time over at my brothers. The pics themselves are about 3yrs old. The decal is an odd thing also. It has the large hole in hood without 2 smaller holes for a button also. 

Edited by tractornut86

VinsRJ
20 minutes ago, tractornut86 said:

Vin, can't tell you for 100% but believe it's an air vain. Been couple years since even saw the tractor. It's been in the back of the one building for a long time over at my brothers. The pics themselves are about 3yrs old. The decal is an odd thing also. It has the large hole in hood without 2 smaller holes for a button also. 

The reason I asked about the governor is because no one I have ever spoken with could nail down if the RJ25 Model 8 was mechanical or air-vain originally... they may have even used both styles.. who knows.

The kill switch hole would be correct for a RJ25... but there was no kill switch on a RJ25 because you were to stick your finger in the hole in order to push the grounding tab onto the spark plug.

Very nice unit for sure!