kitkit

what is this

kitkit

not sure what It is   made by West Point Turf . the red ramp like thing in front folds down  to the ground 

west point turf .jpg

Mows4three

Hello KitKit:

Go to "westpointpa.com"and find West Point Lawn Products Corp on their web page.  It gives the history of this company, which was ultimately purchased by John Deere's turf division.  

There is a 13 page article, embedded in the main article about this company, that biographies Tom Mascaro, the founder of the company, and his inventive work for the golf course turf industry.  West Point Turf Products mainly built turf aerators and cutting devices that "topped" the weeds in the turf preventing them from overshadowing the grass and edging it out.  

In spite of this information and historical content of the articles I could find nothing that described or resembled the contraption you have.  Good hunting and please post what you find out. This intrigues me. 

Cheers!

Dave

• Like 1

953 nut

:confusion-confused:               Is it a sod cutter?

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:               Is it a sod cutter?

Might have something there....

Dan693

Plywood stretcher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The Tuul Crib

It's a scataframiss pealer!!   :banana-dance:

• Haha 1

stevasaurus

It would be nice to have a picture of a look down the throat of that thing and see what that chain drive is doing.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

Chris G

Maybe some sort of turf laying machine.

kitkit

here are a couple more pictures . 

wetter pt.jpg

westpt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Pullstart

Bed or large appliance mover?

• Haha 1

stevasaurus

I think Kevin is on to something.  It sure looks like it was made to move things around.  :orcs-cheers:

• Thanks 1

WHX??

For leveling putting greens is my guess... mows is on to something about the turf care thing.

953 nut
On 12/9/2018 at 11:39 AM, stevasaurus said:

I think Kevin is on to something.  It sure looks like it was made to move things around.  :orcs-cheers:

Guess it must be for Stevasaurus to move his stock of Rock 'n Rye.             :ychain:

Image result for rock n rye

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kitkit

Thank you all for your opinions  on the machine .  Mows4three had a good idea , I read the article and picked up that Tom Mascaro  the inventor  was connected to a company in Florida  where his son John   is still active .   I contacted him and  he was gracious enough to identify the machine as a  Power Drag  for leveling sand traps after they were aeriated . apparently the long orange boom was lowered and the machine moved in reverse  and leveled the sand.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

WHX??

Maybe a guy could use is for leveling ball diamonds then ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kitkit

could be used for that , I just wonder how the small wheels do in sand  ,will have to try it out if I get it running .

Mows4three
8 hours ago, kitkit said:

I read the article and picked up that Tom Mascaro  the inventor  was connected to a company in Florida  where his son John   is still active .   I contacted him and  he was gracious enough to identify the machine as a  Power Drag  for leveling sand traps after they were aeriated . apparently the long orange boom was lowered and the machine moved in reverse  and leveled the sand.  

Thats pretty cool that you could track the guy down and even more cool that he could identify what you have in you garage.   Thanks for closing the loop on this for us all. 

Take care and Merry Christmas!

Cheers!

Dave

stevasaurus

I agree...thanks for finding out what it is really for.  I makes perfect since, cents, sense now...I have have lived half of my golf life in sand traps...I should have known.  :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 1