bellevillerod

867 custom (aka 1047) Lives

Chris G

Looks good!

bellevillerod

Oh and I wanted to say thank you to the members here that helped me get her back up an running. Stevasurus and his videos were priceless, along with the parts from Wheel horse parts an more. Offers to help from others an moral support was given. Can't wait for some snow to put her to work.

20181206_084839.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Great looking ride!

Well done sir.

I'd be interested to know more about the tie rods. I'm going to attempt that for the first time this weekend.

I'll likely use a couple old ones cut/ tapped.

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

bellevillerod   Great job on the tractor. I like the look of the fat tires and the seat pan look on the rear. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

That is a sweet looking machine!! 

• Like 1

bellevillerod
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Great looking ride!

Well done sir.

I'd be interested to know more about the tie rods. I'm going to attempt that for the first time this weekend.

I'll likely use a couple old ones cut/ tapped.

What do you need to know? The tie rod ends that I used I had found just going threw stuff I had laying around. They are all right hand threaded ends so you have to pop out one end to adjust. On the female end tie rod I just ran a bolt down, red loctite, and cut it off. I used 5/8 round stock for the bar, put some flats on them to hold it with a wrench. The old ones were 9in wide so I made mine the same with about 3/8in room in either direction for adjustment. Big difference in tractor, tires used to move around alot when driving. Not anymore, I shimmed the steering gear up to remove the slop in it. Not much seat time on tractor so time will tell how it all works out. But I did the same thing on my C160 auto last year and it worked out great.

20181130_213353.jpg

Edited by bellevillerod
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

bellevillerod
2 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

bellevillerod   Great job on the tractor. I like the look of the fat tires and the seat pan look on the rear. :handgestures-thumbupright:

That is what caught my eye too, when I found the tractor. I came to find out after I got it that a member here made it years ago. As it changed hands it was shown less an less love. Now its back, just in time for a good going over. The guy I got it from was ready to put it out for scrap. I had to put a little $$ an time in it, but to me it was worth it. It kinda has a old school Hot Rod look to it.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

great work on that , very thorough !  I like your get it done approach , that will have you upgrading and truly making that horse your own. Obvious mechanical background , has you not just repairing but improving ,as you go along. I find that w/h basics are good , but with just a little personal tweaking, things work smoother / easier.  how dare you, put heim  joints on a  wheel horse ! keep it going , Pete

• Like 3

bellevillerod
51 minutes ago, peter lena said:

great work on that , very thorough !  I like your get it done approach , that will have you upgrading and truly making that horse your own. Obvious mechanical background , has you not just repairing but improving ,as you go along. I find that w/h basics are good , but with just a little personal tweaking, things work smoother / easier.  how dare you, put heim  joints on a  wheel horse ! keep it going , Pete

You caught that huh? Lol you say patato I say potato. 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

That horse looks great.  Your 1st picture up there gives me goose bumps.  thanks  :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 1

bellevillerod
19 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

That horse looks great.  Your 1st picture up there gives me goose bumps.  thanks  :occasion-xmas:

ha thanks if you look at the 2nd pic, top left you see my lap top where your videos were playing:bow-blue:

Edited by bellevillerod
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
13 hours ago, Chris G said:

Looks good!

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
21 hours ago, bellevillerod said:

That is what caught my eye too, when I found the tractor. I came to find out after I got it that a member here made it years ago. As it changed hands it was shown less an less love. Now its back, just in time for a good going over. The guy I got it from was ready to put it out for scrap. I had to put a little $$ an time in it, but to me it was worth it. It kinda has a old school Hot Rod look to it.

Enjoy it.

• Like 2

jusjeepn

This tractor was built almost 10 years ago!  It still looks pretty good.  I was just wondering today what happed to it.  Looks like it's in good hands!  Enjoy it!

• Like 3