rdeanrj58

Hydro pedal kit

rdeanrj58

Does anyone know if Matt is still selling hydro pedal kits ?   I sent him a message over a week ago and haven't heard from him 

cschannuth

I bought one from him last spring when he had them on sale.  I don't know if he's still doing them.

rdeanrj58

Yes Matt did reply.  Unfortunately his kit will not work on my older tractor 

peter lena

how much of a change would you have to make , to adapt it ?  pete

rdeanrj58

I have a 1973 14auto.   Matt said he hasn't put it on anything older than a 1977 C-160.  He said that wasn't easy.     I'll probably just try to get used to my center mounted shifter.   I don't like that it's not spring loaded .   Hard to get used to 

Pullstart
37 minutes ago, rdeanrj58 said:

I have a 1973 14auto.   Matt said he hasn't put it on anything older than a 1977 C-160.  He said that wasn't easy.     I'll probably just try to get used to my center mounted shifter.   I don't like that it's not spring loaded .   Hard to get used to 

Does the brake pedal return to neutral on that tractor?

rdeanrj58

Yes it does 

cschannuth

I don't think you'd like a hand control with spring return.  You'd have to hold the lever all the time to move the tractor.

• Like 1

paxz71usa

Hello rdeanrj58,

I have a 73 12 Automatic and once I got used to the center shifter its nice to operate. You are right though it does take a little getting used to. I have a friend I work with that has a newer WH with hand control and he has to hold it all the time to mow or what ever he's doing. Not sure if that's the way they all are or just his. Seems like a real pain to me. I'll keep the center stick!

:USA:    Gary

Sarge

Just fyi - if you don't like the '73 center mounted direction control it can be converted to the earlier/later style long arm next to the dash - you just need those parts from the other years. The biggest difference is the motion control frame that sits in the center tunnel which controls the hydro transmission. That part can be tricky to change, but it's been outlined here many times on how to get it apart without destroying it. 

Sarge

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
11 hours ago, paxz71usa said:

I have a friend I work with that has a newer WH with hand control and he has to hold it all the time to mow or what ever he's doing. Not sure if that's the way they all are or just his. Seems like a real pain to me. I'll keep the center stick!

:USA:    Gary

No that shifter linkage needs adjusting, after a good cleaning (and maybe even disassembly) the friction washer (may even need replacing) needs adjusted to where it actually holds where there lever is moved to its kinda a PITA but doable, (I've owned my anniversary since new I don't have to hold the lever) and NO liquid or paste lubrication on the friction joint, Jeff.

IMAG2022.jpg

• Like 1

rdeanrj58

Thanks for all the ideas.   I think l'll keep it original for now and try to get used to it.  I've gotten so used to my Ford LGT 18 with a foot pedal that it's hard to get used to something else.   I also have an 875 and a 1276 that aren't running but may be future projects. May need some advice on getting them going 

redone

I am searching for foot rest on my charger automatic. Both sides. As I look for these foot rest, they have holes in the pan. Any idea who has these?

rdeanrj58

I would try A-Z Tractor in Pennsylvania. You can find them in the vendor section here on Red Square or search A-Z Tractor on Google 

RJR49

It's actually easier to put Matt's pedal on an older tractor, because there's no dissassmbly. I have one on a 1975 C-160 and it works great! I'll post a picture when I get back to work. RS won't let me post one from my phone 

Edited by RJR49
Extrs

rdeanrj58

Thanks.  I would appreciate that