The Tuul Crib

I don't like dentists

The Tuul Crib

Just had a crown done on one of my back teeth and wow.! I hate coming down from the numb feeling.  Can't talk and can't eat for at least three hours.  

:crying-green:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Dan693

My dentist is super friendly and laid back. He still cant stop the pain of the scaling procedure though. Its half a dozen shots right in the old kisser then digging out below the gum line for an hour.

The beauty is its an hour........4 one hour visits that is.

• Sad 1

formariz

Not many of us like those visits. They are however a necessity. We just don't like the aftereffects . I have been very fortunate with the one I have now been using for over 30 years. Always up on the latest technology.No needles anymore, merely a local anesthetic sort of rubbed on gum, and then the main anesthetic applied on that area through a sort of an IV digital dispenser through a clip applied to gum. Sore from the pressure applied during procedures but never pain. Voted several time best in state. That of course comes at the expense of the real painful part. The bill. Will deal with insurance submitals and paperwork but will not except the insurance companies " general excepted fee for such service".

Jerry77

Had a crown that had to be taken out because the tooth underneath had cracked...didn't realize what the procedure would be, but it had to be done by an oral surgeon...he said: this is going to hurt more than other shots you have had and proceeded to stick the needle into the roof of my mouth....I'm here to tell you:  you do not want this - never had such pain in all my years....hope none of you have this done.....:(

cafoose

I had gum disease and when I got my teeth cleaned it was very stressful so I got a waterpik recommended by my dentist and it cured my gum disease. Getting my teeth cleaned is now a breeze. I only have to use it once a day for less than five minutes :banana-jumprope:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D13213826011&field-keywords=waterpik

dcrage

Sedation is the only way I can have dental procedures done. My dentist is quite happy to proscribe 2 mg of Xanex for me to take prior to the procedure. He says it is easier for him to have me sedated versus ‘jumping’ out of the chair with every time he does anything. 

The Tuul Crib
10 hours ago, Jerry77 said:

Had a crown that had to be taken out because the tooth underneath had cracked...didn't realize what the procedure would be, but it had to be done by an oral surgeon...he said: this is going to hurt more than other shots you have had and proceeded to stick the needle into the roof of my mouth....I'm here to tell you:  you do not want this - never had such pain in all my years....hope none of you have this done.....:(

I had that done twice at an oral surgeon and brother I know where you're coming from!  Yes a needle in the roof of your mouth is excruciating 

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

I’m reading this as I cradle my head... I’ve had two teeth hurting me for going on three weeks now. Last week I lost one of the Navy’s fillings (about 20% of the tooth’s mass). For three weeks I’ve only been able to chew on one side, now I have to chew on that (double tooth pain) side because it’s the less painful of the two. The soonest I can get In is next Wednesday... everytime they’ve called to move me up I haven’t been able to make it  in. 

I suffer from migraines as well, and these teeth have been piggy backing on those.. right about now I’d trade my wife for a filling

• Like 1

rmaynard

You guys are not going to believe this, but my dentist has to prop my mouth open during lengthy procedures because I fall asleep. My only discomfort is the bill afterward.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart
13 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Just had a crown done on one of my back teeth and wow.! I hate coming down from the numb feeling.  Can't talk and can't eat for at least three hours.  

:crying-green:

Friends don’t let friends get drugged and post on :rs:.  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Tuul Crib
5 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

I’m reading this as I cradle my head... I’ve had two teeth hurting me for going on three weeks now. Last week I lost one of the Navy’s fillings (about 20% of the tooth’s mass). For three weeks I’ve only been able to chew on one side, now I have to chew on that (double tooth pain) side because it’s the less painful of the two. The soonest I can get In is next Wednesday... everytime they’ve called to move me up I haven’t been able to make it  in. 

I suffer from migraines as well, and these teeth have been piggy backing on those.. right about now I’d trade my wife for a filling

OK as long as she can cook! 

:lol:

• Haha 3

LengerichKA88
15 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

OK as long as she can cook! 

:lol:

She can bake..... I’m the Master Chef ‘round this house 😂😂

Edited by KyleLengerich
Don’t tell her I said that
  • Haha 3