giddyap

How do you satisfy your "Need for SPEED?"

McGrew

One of these two have always satisfied my need...

mvc-785f.jpg

mvc-775f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

That will do it! I have hit 95 mph on the lake in a friends race boat. Never again. But it is a rush👍

• Haha 1

McGrew

Richie,  I kept the rev limiter set to 7000 to keep the boat to around 135 mph.  After one pass with a passenger, I looked down and the tach memory was at 7400...   Oops....  GPS said we hit 141 mph...  Danny

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

clueless
18 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

That will do it! I have hit 95 mph on the lake in a friends race boat. Never again. But it is a rush👍

I'm with you Rich, the fastest 1/4 mile for me was a little over 10 second, my fastest lap at Atlanta Motor Speedway was 149.23 mph in one of Tony Stewarts old cars. I've only driven a race boat once, if you can even call what I was doing driving, like you, never again, I thought for sure I was going over 100 mph, gps said 83 :snooty:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

I rode in a friends truck at 130mph and that was the fastest I have have been on the road. The wind was trying to suck the doors open. The truck was lowered and we hit a raccoon. Not pretty. Never again.😂

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

19richie66
2 hours ago, McGrew said:

One of these two have always satisfied my need...

mvc-785f.jpg

mvc-775f.jpg

Beautiful combo by the way. My favorite body style Corvette.

• Like 1

Pullstart
17 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I rode in a friends truck at 130mph and that was the fastest I have have been on the road. The wind was trying to suck the doors open. The truck was lowered and we hit a raccoon. Not pretty. Never again.😂

I’ve hit a couple raccoons on my bike, in the 55-65 mph range.  Once I was airborne... no fun.

• Sad 1

giddyap

Returning home with lunch I knew going up the ramp to the highway was going to be fun. Before coming to the traffic light for the ramp, a Z car blew by me hoping to make the green but he wasn't quick enough. I am now waiting right behind the Z checking out the huge aftermarket wing and thinking, should I go for it? Hell Yeah. The light turns green and we both floor it, at the same time! If he didn't I would have rammed the back of his car. And if I didn't do it I would be left in his dust. I wish I could have seen his face when we entered the highway at 90mph and he realized a little Kia Sportage was right on his tail. That was fun and whoever you were I give you a big thumbs up. :thanks:  

• Haha 2

giddyap
26 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I’ve hit a couple raccoons on my bike, in the 55-65 mph range.  Once I was airborne... no fun.

A co-worker had a similar experience. He drove his bike thru the gut of a deer or it may have been an elk or ram. My memory fails me since it was so long ago

• Sad 1

Stormin

160mph is the fastest I've driven. That on my FZR 1000. North bound on the M6 motorway in Cumbria. Late in the day and traffic minimal. The thought did occur to me as to what would happen if I hit some debris. Flying through the air wouldn't be the problem. The landing would.

• Haha 1

Charles123

Have a 98  Firebird gets up-and-down the road pretty good

• Like 2

Tractorhead

KTM Duke with mod. Engine.

😎

not extremly fast , just 106mph but extreme acceleration.

95HP on 128 Kg.....

if i need more speed get the Insignia - chiped turbo, go on Highway then we talk about 167mph..

fast enough but not too fast.. 😎

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 2

McGrew

Richie,  Thanks for the compliment.  My favorite body style as well.  I sold the boat a few years ago when my death wish went away... :(  I still miss it on warm summer days...   Danny

Sarge

Hmm, fastest on pavement? 190 in a '70 Daytona Charger, slightly, uh, modified for stability. We were shooting for the 200mph mark, but ran into traffic on I-80, lol.

Craziest at high speed?

1978 Chrysler New Yorker - modified 440-4, 172mph. Had plenty left in the throttle and way plenty of gearing, but when the nose was trying to lift the front tires off the ground, that was enough for me. Not cool when 3 tons doesn't respond to any steering input at high speed..lol.

Sarge

• Haha 2

McGrew

Sarge, Ha!  I understand completely what you mean about not responding to steering input.  Once the hydro got above 80mph, the only thing touching  the water was the trailing edge of each sponson, two shark fins and one blade of the prop.  What little rudder that touched water was in such turbulence, it was almost useless.  The steering wheel  was still useful for hanging on!  There were a couple of times the boat went completely airborne, and that is when I decided it was time to find a new hobby....  Danny

• Confused 1

AndyK149

I like racing motorcycles when I have the time and money :)

IMG_6354.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

giddyap
5 hours ago, Stormin said:

160mph is the fastest I've driven. That on my FZR 1000. North bound on the M6 motorway in Cumbria. Late in the day and traffic minimal. The thought did occur to me as to what would happen if I hit some debris. Flying through the air wouldn't be the problem. The landing would.

Stormin, If I understood correctly, the risk entered your mind at 160.:angry-screaming: If so, maybe the Isle of Man TT may have been some influence on you, the drive or first thought for going crazy fast. :auto-checkeredflag:  Maladaptive daydreaming can be ruled out since you survived "living on the edge". Us mere mortals can only dream of what you did. Cheers from Ohio     

• Haha 1

WHNJ701
23 hours ago, giddyap said:

Returning home with lunch I knew going up the ramp to the highway was going to be fun. Before coming to the traffic light for the ramp, a Z car blew by me hoping to make the green but he wasn't quick enough. I am now waiting right behind the Z checking out the huge aftermarket wing and thinking, should I go for it? Hell Yeah. The light turns green and we both floor it, at the same time! If he didn't I would have rammed the back of his car. And if I didn't do it I would be left in his dust. I wish I could have seen his face when we entered the highway at 90mph and he realized a little Kia Sportage was right on his tail. That was fun and whoever you were I give you a big thumbs up. :thanks:  

90 mph in kia sportage??, your brave

• Like 1

giddyap
1 minute ago, jabelman said:

90 mph in kia sportage??, your brave

OK, you got me. I must confess.....It was MUCH FASTER, maybe 110-120? :laughing-rolling:     

• Haha 2

prondzy
On 12/3/2018 at 12:13 PM, WHX21 said:

My need for speed is gonna be satisfied by having someone push me in my wheelchair in a few short years!:lol:

Is that when Cindy pushes you down the hill in your driveway? :auto-swerve:CINDAAAAAAAAY!!:ROTF:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut

When I feel the need for speed I jump on the 418-C, top end is at least twenty percent higher than a 953!               :ychain:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
13 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

KTM Duke with mod. Engine.

😎

not extremly fast , just 106mph but extreme acceleration.

95HP on 128 Kg.....

if i need more speed get the Insignia - chiped turbo, go on Highway then we talk about 167mph..

fast enough but not too fast.. 😎

The Autobahn....  so much fun!  We try to go faster and faster each time we visit, I’ve hit 101 with kids sleeping in the car, 117 just the two of us.

• Haha 1

bc.gold
On 12/3/2018 at 11:24 AM, KyleLengerich said:

I don’t know that I’d have the nerves to take two wheels that fast..but it sure is cool to watch! 

No problem at that speed the wheels act as a gyro and you could not lay the bike down even if you hit an oil slick on the freeway, Chevron supreme, Yamaha 650 120 mph. the worse I've had was a rear tire blow on a Honda VT1100 with a green passenger on the back. It horrible when you have to compensate for unexpected reactions.

• Like 1

LengerichKA88
23 minutes ago, bcgold said:

No problem at that speed the wheels act as a gyro and you could not lay the bike down even if you hit an oil slick on the freeway, Chevron supreme, Yamaha 650 120 mph. the worse I've had was a rear tire blow on a Honda VT1100 with a green passenger on the back. It horrible when you have to compensate for unexpected reactions.

I’ll just take your word for it 😂

• Haha 1

bc.gold
On 12/4/2018 at 1:38 PM, giddyap said:

Once owned a 72 Cortina that came from factory with  the 2liter from Germany, anyhow this guy in a Fiat alongside me on the freeway wants to play, we both got clocked at 110 mph and it took a longer distance for the Fiat to come to a full stop.

As the guy is walking back towards me and the cop he's mumbling something about just wait until I get the fuel injection installed and that his car only had an 850 cc engine, must have impressed the cop as he reduced the speed on the tickets avoiding stunting charges for both of us.

Some months later on a road trip to Edmonton blew a connecting rod that went through the side of the engine block when I lifted the hood you could see the crankshaft turning and splashing oil from the large hole in the block, missed the water jacket. Added more oil then continued the journey periodically adding more oil.

Finally another rod let go, still running and drive-able but much slower, what finally killed it had to stop for a construction zone. The engine I installed same 2 liter from a Pinto but the Niorth American manufactured one and no comparison on performance.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1