wallfish

Non stick for snow blowers

wallfish

Curious what other members are using to coat their snow blowers for a slicker surface.

Thinking about trying this Gempler's stuff or maybe some marine spray wax.

Has anyone tried Gempler's?  Or what have you tried and or prefer?

61mXJRfjHOL._SL1200_.jpg.54b7ee8e50fe849c9c14df74ab7371f4.jpg

Edited by wallfish

WHNJ701

what ever non stick cooking spray the wife has in the cabinet 

• Like 3

WHX??

@Ed Kennell posted a product he has used in the past ..think it's on the jungle site as well. Could have used some today as had to move a couple of inches of sticky stuff the consistency of  concrete. Surprisingly never clogged her up.  Fact is tho it ripped the short chute right off but short chute cable turns ain't what they are cracked up to be. PO repaired it many times and so have I. 

20181202_102510.jpg

20181202_102525.jpg

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 1

roadapples

I'm in the process of trying to line mine with stainless steel.  Picked up two 24" lengths of SS stove pipe for around $30. Heavier than I expected and kinda' hard to work with. Have to use 4" angle grinder to cut and plenty of clamps to hold it. Don't know if I'll get it done this winter or not. No heat in the garage. I'll let you know if I get it done. You could do this John....

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

I have used Sno-Jet  for years.    An original product used by the Ariens Company that made some of the first snowblowers.   You can use it on snowblower chutes,  augers, snowplows and snow shovels.   Works great made by MDI. .

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Thanks for the memory jog Lane ...I think that's what Ed was using with good results.

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Thanks for the memore jog Lane ...I think that's what Ed was using with good results.

Look at post #3  now I'll step off the :angry-soapbox::text-yeahthat:...

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
5 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Look at post #3  now I'll step off the :angry-soapbox:

Missed that post completely Billy..:hide:. I have no idea how you do it on a just a phone!

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Missed that post completely Billy..:hide:. I have no idea how you do it on a just a phone!

It's just the "hillbilly" way...:ROTF:

• Haha 4

Navig8r
On 12/2/2018 at 8:46 PM, roadapples said:

I'm in the process of trying to line mine with stainless steel.  Picked up two 24" lengths of SS stove pipe for around $30. Heavier than I expected and kinda' hard to work with. Have to use 4" angle grinder to cut and plenty of clamps to hold it. Don't know if I'll get it done this winter or not. No heat in the garage. I'll let you know if I get it done. You could do this John....

I've been thinking of lining the chute with thin HDPE or Teflon sheet.... Haven't gotten around to it though

• Like 1

peter lena

I think that Teflon sheet would be the way to go, having some left in the food grade rating , I can relate. back in the day when I was working , I was too busy to make up all the plans/ ideas I wanted to do. we used to make anything out systems needed, today that mind set doesn't exist , dream on , pete

• Like 1
  • Haha 1