Cetan08

Onan BF MS engine parts

Cetan08

I am thinking about repairing my old Onan BF MS. One piston has had the carb screw or something beat it up. Rings and all move freely but piston just looks bad so want to replace it. Need rings for both cylinders and head gaskets. Engine ran good but no power and smoked some. Everything has standard stamped on it. I have checked all over the web and not able to fine anything for this engine. Anyone know of a source for rings and such. I am in Ohio so local would be nice but not essential.

Thanks

DerekN

@boomers_influence

Boomer  651-437-2826   or boomersonanparts.com

He has helped me multiple times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shynon
1 minute ago, DerekN said:

@boomers_influence

Boomer  651-437-2826   or boomersonanparts.com

He has helped me multiple times.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

lynnmor

I may have some new valve guides, let me know if you need them and then I'll dig them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

onanparts.com
On 12/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, Cetan08 said:

I am thinking about repairing my old Onan BF MS. One piston has had the carb screw or something beat it up. Rings and all move freely but piston just looks bad so want to replace it. Need rings for both cylinders and head gaskets. Engine ran good but no power and smoked some. Everything has standard stamped on it. I have checked all over the web and not able to fine anything for this engine. Anyone know of a source for rings and such. I am in Ohio so local would be nice but not essential.

Thanks

Original bore on the BF is 3 1/8". Some were or have been punched out to the more common 3 1/4". If the original bore then new or used pistons will be difficult to locate. The onan # for 3 1/8" rings is 113-0174. Head gaskets are 110-3181. We keep those on hand. If you can't find a 3 1/8" piston the block can be safely bored out to 3 1/4". Those pistons are readily available. # 112-0264.

TJ

• Excellent 2

Cetan08

Thanks to everyone for your replies and information. I spoke with Boomer today and he set me up with everything I need for my engine. Hope to have it up and running this weekend.

Thanks again everyone.