formariz

Two stage blower top chute adjustment.

wallfish
36 minutes ago, formariz said:

Are there any kits available already made out of glass?

Probably have to check with the Original Cab Company.

WVHillbilly520H
On 12/4/2018 at 5:04 PM, wallfish said:

Once you get the cab on you'll see why a motorized rotation is better. My hand kept hitting the cab door even though mine has the big bump outs in the doors for the extra room.  It's nice to have the glass windshield with widow wiper too! Also hooked up a small 12v heater to blow on the window as a defogger. It doesn't really add any heat to the cab but it does work for defogging the window.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-auto-heater-defroster-with-light-60525.html

Rain X stuff works good as well.

I fabbed up an extension for both getting the chute rotator handle closer inside the cab and to push it closer to the the console away from the door (see pics)...   I too bought one of those HF defrosters just never mounted it up in the 520 and cab but have it on stand by in the old C30 I got back in the summer.

IMAG3804.jpg

IMAG3933.jpg

IMAG3823.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

formariz

I see also that you have a short extension on the inside of chute. Does it help throw it further? Mine has a sort of wire attached there. I see also the roller chain on front wheels. Something else on my list. I have them on the Electro with plow.

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, formariz said:

I see also that you have a short extension on the inside of chute. Does it help throw it further? Mine has a sort of wire attached there. I see also the roller chain on front wheels. Something else on my list. I have them on the Electro with plow.

Yes that "deflector" actually does help throw the snow farther (increases the velocity like reducing water or air line size) which Toro still has available #19     https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/snow-blowers-snow-throwers/79362-toro-42-snowthrower-for-300-series-garden-tractors-sn-270000001-270999999-2007/chute-and-rotation-assembly/   ,  and no roller chain on the front tires that's just the manufacturing stripes on the new tires that's about to be changed out for matching front AGs shortly.

Xearl

Upper is Rover power seat motor . Rotator is a 2001 Chevy Silverado window regulator motor . I found a 3/8" 12pt. socket to fit over the gear and a 3/8" to 1/4" fit over the worm gear shaft . . Made a mount for the controls that fastened to the shaft support . Ther is a 20amp fuse in the power source .The whole set up come off very easily . ED

toro blower rover motor.jpg

toro blower rotator motor.jpg

toro blower rotator.jpg

toro blower control.jpg

peter lena

that's a neat set up, as you are finding out , it needs some tweaking to make it easier / smoother. you might try some  "  SUPER LUBE SYNTHETIC GREASE " on your iced up gears , probably make it a non issue. thank you for the show and tell. pete

wallfish
6 hours ago, Xearl said:

Upper is Rover power seat motor . Rotator is a 2001 Chevy Silverado window regulator motor . I found a 3/8" 12pt. socket to fit over the gear and a 3/8" to 1/4" fit over the worm gear shaft . . Made a mount for the controls that fastened to the shaft support . Ther is a 20amp fuse in the power source .The whole set up come off very easily . ED

Nice setup.

What's this cover for? 

581617839_toroblowerrotatormotor.jpg.9ebef2817ee06db63b6a296ba5a20906.jpg.4afd90943884c619a5b358fc8cea01af.jpg

WVHillbilly520H
53 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Nice setup.

What's this cover for? 

581617839_toroblowerrotatormotor.jpg.9ebef2817ee06db63b6a296ba5a20906.jpg.4afd90943884c619a5b358fc8cea01af.jpg

John, that's the drive unit cover because of the xi series longitudinal mount engine and PTO vs the classic transverse mount side PTO.

wallfish
11 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

John, that's the drive unit cover because of the xi series longitudinal mount engine and PTO vs the classic transverse mount side PTO.

Ah Ha, never noticed that was for the xi. I was hoping it was some kinda cool mod to the blower.

RJC1965
On 7/26/2023 at 7:24 AM, peter lena said:

@RJC1965  personally  think that removal / change mount spot for that chronic electrical issue is the way to go . would also detail in a freeer wire setting , eliminating tight / chafing wires , frequently use wire wrap and  electrical hanger wire mounts , to enhance function.  any time I am dealing with a repedative , problem , make aplan to eliminate it . make that a strong point , instead of  the same issue . my horses look the same , but do not have the constant failure  issues , you have to get personally fed up , to get to the , elimination stage . BTW  get ready for , you can,t do that ,  while you are using your tractor . pete

On 8/31/2023 at 9:42 AM, Jrblanke said:

When you run the wire from the regulator to the starter, do you cut out the wire that went through the 9 pin connector, or just leave it? Im going to try to study the wire diagram during my lunch break today. Im planning to fix the loader tomorrow. 

On 10/28/2023 at 7:49 AM, ebinmaine said:

Can you link that info here?

Why not use tubes?

I now install tubes in every tire I swap, new or used. 

It makes setting the bead a non issue and fluid filling easier to accomplish.  

I don't see a negative to using tubes... BUT.... we don't have sharp thorns or things to cut tires other than occasional rocks.  

On 10/30/2023 at 8:26 AM, 953 nut said:

One thing you should consider is that the tire manufacturer wants to have a happy customer.  They know what works well with their tire and what won't. If you buy tubes be sure to avoid the cheap no-name brands because lots of people have been reporting new inner tubes coming apart at the seams when first inflated.

On 11/3/2023 at 6:57 PM, WHX?? said:

Got that right Don. Slushy concrete not so much but cold powder look out. :lol:

If your serious about moving snow with one do the mods. Rubber paddles &  auger center support. Not difficult mods & been documented many times here. 

imageproxy (2).jpg

imageproxy (1).jpg

Pretty sure the Plunger has got one @JCM maybe he can offer additional advice. 

On 11/29/2018 at 5:31 PM, wallfish said:

pics. Used a power window motor for the rotation. It's covered with a piece of rubber to keep the ice out.

You can find a thread Duke did a while back. "snow chucker"

IMG_0215.JPG.2f86ddf4c80ee2bc2bf3908f46eaf6e2.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG.e922ff8759c43d9e3c367722c41628e2.JPG

Wallfish I am going to install an actuator so I have to get out of the tractor to move the shoot up and down how long is the throw on the actuator. I saw one that was 4inches thanks 

• Like 1