Sign in to follow this  
BadDad

I Have a few questions

BadDad

Ok I am working on a few projects at a time, & I have run in to some questions.

On the 800 special I am working on I need to find a new plastic dash plate, also does anyone know what the switch for the lights looks like & where I can get one?

IMG_1248%20sm.jpg

Next can someone tell me what this is & where it goes? It was just in the box, I don't even know what tractor gets it.

IMG_1252%20sm.jpg

Third question can someone tell me if I have the belt to my tiller hooked up right. The belt keeps coming off. Does the belt go in the 1st grove or the outside grove. & do I have the belt tenchener hooked up right? I would like to know how to make this work.

IMG_1246%20sm.jpg

IMG_1244%20sm.jpg

kpinnc

I think Glen Makes the dash plates.

The part you've got in the pic is the old style Mule drive, and it bolts to the front of the tractor frame.

Yes, the tiller belt routing is correct, but I do think the belt goes on the outside groove.

Kevin

Dual Wheels

The belt is on the right way...however it appears to be twisted , frayed and basically worn out. The belt should run with the flat side on the idler pulley, Looks as though you may need a new belt, but if you do get it all untwisted , try moving the rear hitch a little to the left and see if the belt tracks better on the idler,..also check the drive pulley on the tiller and make sure it's not bent .

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7988

look here

Teddy da Bear

For the tiller......if the belt is a good one and still comes off

(I had this problem too)....get down and eyeball from the front

(where you can see the entire length of the belt) and see if all

the pulleys are in line. You can also use some sort of straight

edge (if you have one) to check the alignment. So many times

my tiller belt would just work it's way off after a short period of

time. I discovered the idler pulley on the tiller itself had a bad

bearing and wobbled slightly causing the belt to come off.

All those pulleys must not wobble.

And for the switch? I believe all horses of those years used a

standard metal toggle switch.

past7971

Hey Donnie--I went through that with my tiller every once in a while too. Check everything like TDB said to make sure its good but notice your nice shiny black idler pulley? Not very much "lip" on it to keep belt on--Try finding one with deeper groove and I ended up making a bent belt retaining bracket (like the one on tractor drive belt idler) to keep belt from popping off. Solved that problem for me

past7971

Sorry about deeper groove comment. DUH!! doesnt help for flat idler on "back" side of belt---retaining bracket does help though. I did find a "flat" idler pulley that had more "lip" but it was in my "spare-parts" pile and cant remember what it actually came off

BadDad

Well I have some more questions about this 800. Can anyone tell me what the spring in the picture is for & do I need to replace it. One side has the belt tenchener on it, the other side has this spring on the rod. Here are some pictures.

IMG_1036sm.jpg

IMG_1030sm.jpg