hcminis

Wheel Horse 854 w/ Danco Loader

WHNJ701

keep the tractor patina, paint the rims, and do a full resto/rebuild/repaint on the loader. it will look sharp

hcminis
13 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Keep the patina...

& don't paint the FEL.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

I agree.....however the loader is supposed to be white.  That is driving me crazy. 

Elkskin's mower junkyard
2 minutes ago, hcminis said:

That is driving me crazy. 

Short trip isn't it?

• Haha 2

hcminis
14 hours ago, jabelman said:

keep the tractor patina, paint the rims, and do a full resto/rebuild/repaint on the loader. it will look sharp

Exactly what I was thinking of doing

hcminis
1 hour ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

Short trip isn't it?

Easy.....my wife already says I need admitted to crazy hospital because of this hobby.  Also says our place looks like Sanford and Son....oops. LOL

• Haha 4

WHNJ701
57 minutes ago, hcminis said:

obviously it's yours to enjoy, but the real value is in the loader attachment.  restored right that's a good solid investment regardless what tractor it's on

• Excellent 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
2 hours ago, hcminis said:

Easy.....my wife already says I need admitted to crazy hospital because of this hobby.  Also says our place looks like Sanford and Son....oops. LOL

Lol my mom says same about our yard lol

• Like 1

hcminis

Worked on the 854 w/ Danco loader more today. New cross member made. Took all hydraulic hoses off and went to NAPA to have new ones made. They didn't have all the fittings and said they would be ready Wednesday. Found a backup pump / reservoir on ebay for a great price. Cleaned the reservoir that is currently on loader. Fixed a few other little details. Slowly making headway. Need a better gas cap along with throttle and choke cables

20181228_155310.jpg

20181228_194636.jpg

20181228_155256.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:bow-blue:  Love that little guy...

keep up the great :wh: work there. 

Pullstart

I found the old gas caps for in the cab gas tank trucks like my 69 C-10 are a direct fit for fuel tanks.  I had to modify (loosen up) the vent on the one I put on Putt Putt, but at least it was at a local store right handy.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701
39 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I found the old gas caps for in the cab gas tank trucks like my 69 C-10 are a direct fit for fuel tanks.  I had to modify (loosen up) the vent on the one I put on Putt Putt, but at least it was at a local store right handy.

I got one at napa that was a direct fit and matches the original style, it was for a dodge truck late 50s, it was under 15 bucks 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

I don't know how I missed this one before, a round hood with duals and a loader, that has to be by far the most awesome Wheel Horse set up I have seen since getting into this hobby. Looking forward to following along as you make it uniquely yours. I know I may be outnumbered here, but my vote (and what I would do if it was mine) would be a complete restore of tractor and loader. Yes I know they're only original once, but the whole keep the original patina craze just hasn't caught up to me yet. I attend some car shows throughout the year, and a lot of people are doing the same thing with classic cars/trucks now too. The fully restored models always catch my eye way more than the others, and if they are fully restored to factory specs that makes it even cooler. Whatever you decide to do with it, it will be an awesome addition to your collection

• Like 2

hcminis

More goodies have arrived for the ole nag.  Can't wait til NAPA gets done with my hoses. 

20181231_144456.jpg

20181231_144501.jpg

20181231_150541.jpg

• Like 5

hcminis

Well the nice guy at NAPA gave me a big discount on hoses....only $234.00 instead of $325.00.  Sure doesn't look like that much but oh well.

I now have liftage..... Will need to flush fluid again as it got milky from leftover fluid in valve and pump.  Goes up slow.

SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

20190103_172202.jpg

20190103_180110.jpg

20190103_180624.jpg

• Like 5

wallfish
46 minutes ago, hcminis said:

Well the nice guy at NAPA gave me a big discount on hoses....only $234.00 instead of $325.00.  Sure doesn't look like that much but oh well.

I now have liftage..... Will need to flush fluid again as it got milky from leftover fluid in valve and pump.  Goes up slow.

SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

OUCH! Are they made of gold? :ychain:

It's always nice when the hydraulics move!

• Haha 1

WHGuy413

That's awesome. I don't see many around here with loaders. Let alone a round hood with a loader.

dells68
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

OUCH! Are they made of gold? :ychain:

It's always nice when the hydraulics move!

Don’t know about that John.  I had one hose made for a Bronco 14 a few years ago and it cost over $60 and just took a few minutes to make!  Hydraulic lines are crazy expensive around here!

• Sad 1

wallfish

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Hose-and-Hose-Assemblies/Hydraulic-Hose-Assemblies/

If they're NPT or JIC fittings. But... they're straight so need to buy the extra fittings for using 90s and such

10 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Don’t know about that John.  I had one hose made for a Bronco 14 a few years ago and it cost over $60 and just took a few minutes to make!  Hydraulic lines are crazy expensive around here!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

That’s pretty quick!  I see it’s a trip bucket, didn’t realize this before.  So cool!

oliver2-44
On 12/4/2018 at 9:42 AM, hcminis said:

:text-yeahthat:

On 12/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, hcminis said:

Wow that's  quite a compliment from the misses.!

• Haha 1

Chris G

That is awesome!!! Thanks for the videos

• Thanks 1

hcminis

Not what I wanted to have happen.  Guess I'll need one of these.

20190109_192114.jpg