ebinmaine

Building a 1267 into a full time Plow/Dozer Tractor

Chris G

Love the stack and the rain cap!!!!!!! Agreed thats music to the ears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sparky

Stacks and low idle with a rain cap is the sweetest sound!

• Thanks 2

The Tuul Crib

What is the source of your stack that is the sweetest sound to my ears !:notworthy:

• Thanks 1

dclarke

I agree, Eric. Sweet!!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I bought that from @squonk.

Mike that is a @jimkemp stack, correct?

jimkemp

Yup , that one of my stacks , I think that's one of the first ones when I started building them

• Like 3

Daron1965

That was great sounding.   It's going to be a great snow mover.   :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Thanks 1

giddyap

Yes in deedy doody daddy, the stack sounds great Eric. But I found you very interesting to listen to. I met many who have responded to my posts at the Big Show but I have never met you. I enjoyed your many quips and now I know you. Keep on Truckin

Edited by giddyap
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
46 minutes ago, jimkemp said:

Yup , that one of my stacks , I think that's one of the first ones when I started building them

I love the sound of that stack! How can I get one?...two....or

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:woohoo:               Sounds great!      You are planning to mount a brace between the pipe and engine aren't you?           :hide:

• Thanks 1

cschannuth
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Jim's stacks are the greatest.  They are built heavy and with high quality materials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jimkemp
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Just let me know , I build them all the time , right now I'm having a hard time keeping up with the Christmas rush but you can always send me a message and I will get one out to you

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Ohhh the beat of a different drum!  I likey!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

rjg854

I've got 2 of Jim's stacks.  One is on an 8hp and the other on a 16hp, love the sound of both of them.  Make sure you let him know what you want them for, it does make a difference.  Now back to you regular station. :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cafoose

Check out this thread especially post #11:

Edited by cafoose
  • Like 1

ebinmaine

Hmmmmmmm....

How about some lights and maybe a volt gauge?

15430788562917988566759745405727.jpg

• Like 6

PeacemakerJack

Eric—those K series singles and a Kemp made stack—awesome!  Definitely need some good lights on a dedicated plow rig as often you end up moving snow in the dark.  I’m a huge fan of the LED’s for their low draw and bright light output (I’m pretty sure that you were probably planning on that anyway)  I also recommend a back up light because backing into stuff like the house, shed, car, etc—bad call!  You pretty much lose your “cool factor” when you sideswipe honey’s daily driver:o  I think it is a great idea to have a volt gauge to keep an eye on the charging system as well as an hour meter to keep up with maintenance and usage.  This will be a fun machine to see in action no doubt!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
38 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I’m a huge fan of the LED’s for their low draw and bright light output (I’m pretty sure that you were probably planning on that anyway)

Me too.

The boxes in the pic have two 27w work lamps for the front and 2 pretty dull but usable rear lamps.

Also have to add a red light to the rear and 360 degree visible amber flashing lights.

I made some Headway today. I got all four lamps mounted to the Tractor and the switch is in the dashboard. More tomorrow......

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

Just keep in mind that those old S/Gs look big but in reality they only put out about 12 amps.  That gives you 144 watts to play with or you will be in a losing position with your battery.  Your ignition will pull about 3 amps (36 watts)  You have 54 watts on your head lights Leaves you about 50 watts for all your other lighting

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Just keep in mind that those old S/Gs look big but in reality they only put out about 12 amps.  That gives you 144 watts to play with or you will be in a losing position with your battery.  Your ignition will pull about 3 amps (36 watts)  You have 54 watts on your head lights Leaves you about 50 watts for all your other lighting

I was wondering about that Paul. Thank you. The two lights in the back are very dim as previously stated and they really are only there as a corner marker for visibility and put a small amount of shine on the snow to the back. I think they use something like 3 watts each.

I was pretty much planning on buying flashing LEDs for the Amber Lamps and the one solid red one.

Knowing my limitations, that's cements that idea as what will happen.

Very good info there. Much appreciated.

TravelinJavelin

Eric great sounding unit right there! it reminds of the farm all H tractors with the rain flap on it .......darn it we need a wheel horse get together up here in Maine!

• Like 3

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, TravelinJavelin said:

.......darn it we need a wheel horse get together up here in Maine!

I absolutely agree with that!

• Like 2

squonk

Used to plow in the dark with no lights on a 604 when I was a kid. Snowing like crazy off the big lake. Ah memories! :helmet:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

I've got all the wiring done and brand new harnesses completed from front to rear. Voltmeter gauge is installed and working.

Trina was nice enough to swap the brackets for the plow from the Patriot horse to this tractor.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll get the big heavy tires put on the 1267.

What's NOT working is the charging system.

As stated in the volt gauge thread... I've done a fair amount of cleaning and Diagnostics already.

Got too late for today. I'll go back to it tomorrow after I get the plow and tires mounted so I can at least use the tractor.

Several more inches of snow coming tomorrow night.

• Like 2