PA.BOB

Best Wheel Horse to restore and collect ?

Rob R

Save one from the bone yard, then work on it until you call it some real ugly names asking yourself WHY did I ever start this POS... and you are ready to never work on it again …. and then when your finally done and it start, runs and performs like new...  IT will be your "favorite" machine.   

Edited by Rob R
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: I think like the others have said, it all depends on what particular model speaks to you the most. My favorite out of my herd right now happens to be my C141 that's getting a complete restoration, more for sentimental reasons than anything else. The 70s models B/C series are simple to work on and parts are relatively easy to find compared to the some. The early 80s B/C series (BlackHoods) are nice tractors, I love my C125 for a worker, but they dont seem to be as sought after as the others. They're one of those models you either love them or you hate them. A lot of people also like the early 60s round hoods as well, I've got one I'm fixing up as a very mildly modified show and parade cruiser. They are a bit smaller than their later counterparts though, so if you're a big guy like me might be something to think about. However all that being said my favorite style of WH tractor was that of the late 60s long frames, like my 1277. Theres just something about that grille, combined with the view looking down that long hood and listening to that big Kohler while mowing that just brings a smile to my face

FB_IMG_1542999030892.jpg

FB_IMG_1542999028524.jpg