pfrederi

Bad day in Wheel Horse land

pfrederi

The weather has been terrible this fall way to much rain the ground is saturated and the area around one of my storage sheds is a quagmire. There were still leaves to pick up when it snowed. Any way I have to move some horses around and make some extra space until the ground freezes by the shed.  Went down to the barn today to move the C141-8 with front mount mower about 10 feet to the right. First she didn't want to start fired and died...even with electric fuel pump so I came back up and got some carb cleaner got her going backed out and it died.  No crank no nothing also no fuel pump.  Another trip up and back with multi meter and some jumper wires.  Got her running again and started to move her into position (I will figure out ignition switch power problem another day.)  it is snowing on and off the temp is falling fast.  Just about into the new spot when there is a loud snap from the rear end and the drive belt started to shriek and engine died.  I was in low range so got it into neutral restarted no problem Shifted into high range and same screech and lugged engine..  Great now had to find wife drag her out in the cold and snow to steer while i dragged it behind the D200 up to the shop.  She still rolls so I guess that is good but i am wondering what failed..

• Sad 6

AMC RULES

:scratchead: Let's try plugging this in here...

no picts, it didn't happen?  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Stormin

Gremlins!:ph34r:

pfrederi

Droped the front mount and man handled her into the heated part of the shop...It doesn't roll easily.  The D200 didn't seem bothered by the excess drag.  To darn cold and snowy for pictures:P

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

and man handled her into the heated part of the shop.

58 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

had to find wife drag her out in the cold and snow 

Ummmm

• Like 3

wallfish

Well that sucks!

Ice in the trans? That might explain the sudden locking and sound :twocents-02cents:

• Like 4

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:            John beat me to it!              Don't know what would account for the loud bang, but frozen would be my guess.

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Hope nothing strange happens and it can be fixed quick...

send you good vibrations,🚜

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Loud bangs are never good Paul.  Usually means surgery.  :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Tankman

Years ago my sisters had their bangs trimmed neatly at the beauty salon. :confusion-confused:

Sorry miss read the post.  :ROTF:

Edited by Tankman
  • Haha 4

Tuneup

Wives and tractors in this house don't mix. I can see the eyes rolling when I pop-in to say, 'Need a little help." Kids are gone so she's it!

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
10 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

Wives and tractors in this house don't mix. I can see the eyes rolling when I pop-in to say, 'Need a little help." Kids are gone so she's it!

:text-yeahthat:

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

Wives and tractors in this house don't mix.

Other way around here.

I might be lucky.

• Like 1

Tuneup

She does like Fords so there is that. Likes a good day at the range with her .380. Definitely a keeper but one can't have everything, ebinmaine. You're a lucky man!

• Excellent 2

chip61
On 11/23/2018 at 6:07 AM, ebinmaine said:

Other way around here.

I might be lucky.

Yea, I'd say you're lucky! My wife doesn't complain about my tractors she just makes fun of them (claims they're nothing more than "glorified lawn mowers"!) I just ignore the comments.