Sign in to follow this  
Ian928

Rear axle bearings for A81

Ian928

Hello,

I have been given an rear axle from a A81 that is going to be used in my sons mini Cobra go kart...

I now see that both beaings are stuck. Strangely enough, the bearings did not have any numbers, only information about the producer. I managed to find the Toro part number however, it is 106981. As far as I can see this bearing is NLA. Are there any replacements?

IMG_4847.jpg

Ian928

Sorry for the stupid question, I just ordered a set of pillow block bearings from Ebay as I really do not need the uprights that come from the wheel horse as this is a custom build anyway.

gwest_ca

Looks like a self-aligning pillow block bearing but have never seen one with a grease fitting in the outer race. 3/4" diameter axle? 

You might find one like this

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/5-8-in-2-bolt-standard-duty-flange-mount-bearing-assembly/A-p3870177e

There should be a way to lock the inner race to the axle so the axle does not spin in the bearing.

Should be common enough as this design is fairly common on today's cheap tractors.

Garry

Ian928

Ian928

I had a look at the old bearing again today, and lo and behold, they are not ball bearings! The Axle is in good order, so I guess the PO’s were liberal with the grease...