Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Recycler deck maintenance

squonk

For  all those who have recycler decks. Take the insert off a couple of times a year and clean out the chaff. Tha amount of work my deck saves me raking,sweeping and bagging clipping is well worth the couple of hours a year to tear it down and clean it. 

grass gets behind the insert

:1580892745_recycler001.JPG.73364a99db11d795542bb5a6f4b81d74.JPG

Remove the wings. Powder gets in there as well. I replaced all the wing bolts with SS 

1740858341_recycler002.JPG.024908d269f49eb1740c78e503e11bdf.JPG

wire brushed the insert and a coating of extend. I spray bedliner coating on after.

1412676997_recycler003.JPG.20be2bba1c1afbe2b3fb0b24ddc142e6.JPG

• Like 5

peter lena

good going on that squonk, just the fact that you ,open it up and clean out the grunge is the deck saver. I do mine with chain lubricant to feed the metal ,and dry it out ,angled to the sun for a hot drying soak on the oil. while I don't have a recycler deck,I regularly drop and service mine. my decks are upside down now , cleaned, and soaking in the chain and cable spray, over winter. they retain the dark oil stain look , that helps fend off the acidic grass grunge. you are keeping your stuff alive, keep it going , Pete 

Lane Ranger

Mike:   Is that the deck I picked up for you from Indiana two years ago?   You must use that a lot!

• Like 1

squonk
17 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Mike:   Is that the deck I picked up for you from Indiana two years ago?   You must use that a lot!

Yup. And with the rain we got this year I was mowing twice a week until August! 

• Like 1