Schrec050584

Wheel horse 42" snow thrower

Schrec050584

Can anyone help. I have a model 79360 42" single stage snow thrower. I need the chain and also the half moon key that the drive gear under the plastic cover on left back of the blower.

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

Tractor Supply Store has the chain and the woodruff key.

• Like 2

Schrec050584

Is it a certain size and what size chain?

gwest_ca

Will guess the 6416 chain is #40 but best to take the old one with you to match it up for width and pitch. Usually comes in 10 foot lengths at considerable savings. They sometimes include a master link but good idea to pick up an extra plus a 1/2 link.

When you instal the U-shaped keeper do so that the natural chain direction of travel will keep the keeper on.

The 937089 key is a Woodruff #9. 3/16" x 3/4". The actual length of the key is .704"

Garry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

I believe it is size 40 chain.      Take your sprocket along and make sure the chain fits the teeth when you wrap it totally around the sprocket.

Use a piece of tape to measure the length of chain that you need for your blower.     TSC sells the chain by the foot.  Buy enough chain  and a connector link.

Make sure the tensioning idler sprocket or block is  loosened when you install and cut the chain to the correct length.   The chain will stretch with use, and you will have to tighten it with the idler sprocket or bloc.

OOps, I see Garry has answered your question.    Thanks Garry

• Like 1

peter lena

don't forget to use STAR WASHERS on the chain adjustment slot on side of thrower, they will not slide or loosen up. also try and use chain and cable spray , regularly on that gear and chain setup, its made for that . pete

Schrec050584

Peter what star washers and where is the adjustment. I appreciate all the imput everyone.

• Like 1

peter lena

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ts-014200-45-easy-install-stainless-steel-swivel-to-rigid-lock-washer/51001420045.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrtuh_tre3gIVDa_ICh2T4wbgEAQYBSABEgLqt_D_BwE star washers, are here, they have outside edge bite edges, to really set themselves into metal. looking at the thrower , chain auger drive is on right side, on outside of that , there is a horizontal slot with a bolt/nut to adjust the chain. its probably sloppy , snug it up , lubricate it. washers @ hardware store , pete

• Like 1

Schrec050584

Which nut on the outside is it to tighten the chain? I cant see a slot. Is it the upper or lower one? Have a pic?

gwest_ca

You can see the adjuster slot in this picture - bottom sprocket.

Garry

79360 2001 chain adjuster SS.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

Use this diagram it will help you with the adjuster nut, Jeff.

IMAG2893.jpg