Sign in to follow this  
WHwest8597

315-8

WHwest8597

I'm having problem with my 315-8 cutting out after running about 15 minutes.  Could it be bad gas I bought?  I accidentally ran it in the start position for a while.  Not use to turning key to run position.

I used the tractor about 10 days prior for my last mow of the season and it ran fine.  It did run out of gas.  I refilled and ran it for hours afterwards with no problems.  I'm thinking about getting a new fuel filter.

lynnmor

The switch should spring back from the start position.  Check your gas cap for venting.

ZXT

Does it seem like an ignition or fuel problem? Does choking it make any difference?

If the cap doesn't turn out to be the issue, check the coil. Coils that are failing can break down when they get hot, and return to working normally once they cool off.

Edited by ZXT

WHwest8597

The key does not spring back from start to run.  I will check fuel cap tomorrow.

gwest_ca

If the tractor is a 2002-2004 model 73450 this should be the ignition switch. Click on the picture and again on the pictures that come up.

It is a 5-terminal 4-position switch.

It should spring from START back to RUN but must be manually turned back to ACCESSORY for the lights to work.

Have not seen an after-market switch available for replacement so may need to come from Toro.

Garry