Cetan08

Just never know.

Cetan08

Had an appointment at the VA Hospital today so my wife and I rode together to her work so we could have lunch together. Coming back from lunch we got to where she turns into her building and there was a car blocking the entrance. Told the wife that I was going to push the car out of the entrance, thinking it was broke down. Another fellow helped so my wife and I and the other fellow pushed the car into the lot. The lady was upset and said that we had to push it onto the street because the company that owned the lot would tow it after two days and she wouldn't get paid until Tuesday. I looked at my wife and said well get you some gas. The other guy offered me money but I said to give it to her. We got her some gas and the wife got her a gift card for BP to get more gas.The lady said that she felt bad getting gas in her car because her children needed food. We told her that with gas she can go to a pantry and get them some food. Turns out that her husband knew of her situation and when she ran out of gas he just drove by and waved. I just don't understand some people. At least the Mother got home to her kids and was able to get her children some food. I guess I needed to vent. It is real hard some days to keep from trying to knock some sense into people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Cetan08 said:

knock some sense into people.

Some, you just can't.

You and your fellow Good Samaritans did the right thing.

Just be at peace with that.

• Like 6

953 nut

You never know what an act of kindness will develop into. You can be confident that you and the other good fellow have restored her (and my) faith in people.   God Bless You.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

stevasaurus

I don't really know what to say, but I hope this is the start of something good.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

LengerichKA88

Every time I have done something kind for someone else like this, I’ve always ended up with a windfall for myself shortly after. 

Good deeds get rewarded, just like prayers get answered: one way or another. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Cetan08

At thirteen years old I snuck into empty houses at night to sleep and out before dawn. In those days I collected pop bottles to sell so I could eat. Never once got in any trouble and was raised by Grandparents the last few years before joining the Army. I remember the kindness of people and have always tried to repay that kindness. Don't seek attention just try to remind folks to be kind to others and help when you can.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, Cetan08 said:

just try to remind folks to be kind to others and help when you can.

More of us should be like that

stevasaurus

@Cetan08  WOW!!  Not to draw attention, my son has had some friends that we have helped through the years...about your age at that time...it was nice to help and I think it made a difference.  Over 60% of his grade school had divorced parents...they all liked to hang out here.  They still hang out, which tells me...we did OK.   Nice to know, It is not just going on here.  Thank you for you service. 

2Cet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marv

Cetan, Steve, Y'all are killing my emotions. God bless you.

Marvin

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I know Marv...I have tears in my eyes.  Not only for the ones we were able to help, but for the ones that slipped through the cracks. 

rmaynard

I envision a situation where the woman gets home with her BP gift card and a bag of food from the pantry, and the a-hole husband slaps her and takes the card. Maybe I've been watching too much TV. 

I hope I'm wrong. In any case, you did a good thing.

• Sad 1

oliver2-44

God Bless, you are a giant of a man for offering kindness to her

• Like 1

Cetan08
16 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@Cetan08  WOW!!  Not to draw attention, my son has had some friends that we have helped through the years...about your age at that time...it was nice to help and I think it made a difference.  Over 60% of his grade school had divorced parents...they all liked to hang out here.  They still hang out, which tells me...we did OK.   Nice to know, It is not just going on here.  Thank you for you service. 

2Cet

I read a letter on a professors door one time that stated, " A mind touched never returns to what it was." I say also a heart.

• Like 1

Cetan08
14 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I envision a situation where the woman gets home with her BP gift card and a bag of food from the pantry, and the a-hole husband slaps her and takes the card. Maybe I've been watching too much TV. 

I hope I'm wrong. In any case, you did a good thing.

This thought also crossed my mind but I remind myself that hatred, anger and meanness feed off themselves and are easy to grow because they require no effort. Love and kindness take work and a willingness to aquire. We can only plant the seed, it is up to them to feed and nuture it.

• Like 1