cschannuth

Finally Some Snow!

Terry M

That looks like some heavy snow!!     Sure glad it was sunny and 45F for the high temp up here in Minnesota... B)

• Like 1

rjg854

Looks like a great time,  we've got 8-12 coming over night. So I'll get my 1st chance of the season.  Really looking forward to it too.

• Like 2

Daddy Don

Lot easier to put out Christmas Décor while it is warm instead of freezing to death. Started putting mine out today. We only get very little snow just about one inch this month. So here comes Christmas. :text-merryxmas:

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard

I got 2 inches. Didn't even get to try the 552 out:crying-blue:

• Like 2

squonk
8 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Looks like a great time,  we've got 8-12 coming over night. So I'll get my 1st chance of the season.  Really looking forward to it too.

download.jpg.c0a301cfdb1a971514a5e1ba6f252f52.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

rjg854

aah come on Mike you know you love it.  Just got done snow blowing, and the tall shoot and the 16 Auto worked great.  There was an easy foot of snow and it blew nicely, need to drop the blower another inch.  Was worried about the gravel driveway but it was fine.  I think that was why I was having some steering trouble, may have to put roller chains on the front tires if it continues.

• Like 2

squonk

I'm on a 2 hr. delay so I won't have to wake the neighborhood up until at least 6 :)

I used to like plowing but my arthritis and blood thinners stopped that crazy notion:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

squonk

There's a van under there somewhere! :lol:

1605043806_novsnow001.JPG.459f36616c7dcee86f3ef437ee61ba83.JPG

22869159_novsnow002.JPG.f5d5e73d550d725cecc20415e623a9ac.JPG

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

You guys are making me jealous with all your snow pictures lol...we got a couple inches last Sunday, but not enough to even mess with getting a tractor out, was enough that I had to take the wrecker out on a few winch outs for people sliding off in the ditch, i swear Oklahoma drivers forget every year how to drive 

• Like 3

oneroadkingman

I only have 3rd here and waited till afternoon and half of the snow was already melted!

Didn't even fire up the 520 with plow maybe next time!

• Like 1

T-Mo

Craig,

We got about 3 inches in my part of Missouri from that snow event.  Funny thing, it was snowing and melting at the same time later in the day (around 11 am).  I didn't even bother getting the '47 Cub out, just wasn't enough snow and plus it melted real quick.

• Like 1

953 nut

We had a dusting of the white stuff but as soon as the sun came up it was gone. I haven't even finished gathering up the leaves and putting them in the compost yet, sure don't need snow.

• Like 1

Herder
12 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

We had a dusting of the white stuff but as soon as the sun came up it was gone. I haven't even finished gathering up the leaves and putting them in the compost yet, sure don't need snow.

I hear you.  Even for mid state NY it's a little to early for snow.  I haven't finished fall clean up. 

• Like 2

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:What leaves I can't see any leaves, unless maybe they are under that 12 inches of snow we just got Friday :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

squonk
3 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

:text-yeahthat:What leaves I can't see any leaves, unless maybe they are under that 12 inches of snow we just got Friday :ychain:

The're all in my yard! 1084168125_recycler004.JPG.0b39b7609c2ec746fc6d330ad7db7c4d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

rjg854

:scared-eek:  I've got one tree that the leaves usually won't come off until it snows, this year all those big winds we had cleaned it out. 

the willows and the oaks are holding tight yet.

• Like 1

squonk

Those all came down Friday afternoon! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

cschannuth
2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Craig,

We got about 3 inches in my part of Missouri from that snow event.  Funny thing, it was snowing and melting at the same time later in the day (around 11 am).  I didn't even bother getting the '47 Cub out, just wasn't enough snow and plus it melted real quick.

That’s one of the reasons why the little tractor did pretty well. It was just wet pavement underneath because it was just a little above freezing by the time I got around to plowing it. Today the only thing left are the piles along side the concrete. Everything else, even the shaded areas, already melted. But I couldn’t pass up a chance to plow. I think that 7 inches we got this week is more than we had all last winter combined. 

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

We got 3 inches of snow. We were just supposed to get rain. :lol: Its so differant with the small driveway now. Just had the kids break the shovels out. Good exercise for them. 

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 3

Herder

They said 3 to 6 for us this past Friday.  They didn't 3x6.  Had to move firewood today the old 953 gets the job done ever time.