TravelinJavelin

got another horse coming to the stable

Blackhood Bill

Looks like a nice machine there.:dance:

ebinmaine

Super cool !!

TravelinJavelin

its a little rough for me to get on and off going to have t o get 2 flat bars of steel and make seat extension  

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, TravelinJavelin said:

its a little rough for me to get on and off going to have t o get 2 flat bars of steel and make seat extension  

I have a similar problem with a couple of mine. One piece of advice I can give you because I found out the hard way is to make very very sure that the seat latch bar is in fantastic condition.

I went to move one of my tractor's backwards a bit and I grabbed the seat pan to do it and it came flying up because that seat latch bar was cracked and I finished it off. I narrowly missed having an interesting interaction with my mouth.

@JimmyJam might be able to help you out by telling you how he reinforced and bolted one down for his seven-foot-tall uncle.

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

yeah have been there done that already with this one when i first got it the first time lol

JimmyJam

5a69e4b234f28_1219171249(1).jpg.d10ec70a6eddcfafc5002d54a80ebe4a.jpg

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I have a similar problem with a couple of mine. One piece of advice I can give you because I found out the hard way is to make very very sure that the seat latch bar is in fantastic condition.

I went to move one of my tractor's backwards a bit and I grabbed the seat pan to do it and it came flying up because that seat latch bar was cracked and I finished it off. I narrowly missed having an interesting interaction with my mouth.

@JimmyJam might be able to help you out by telling you how he reinforced and bolted one down for his seven-foot-tall uncle.

I made my uncle's seat extension by using an Unistrut channel from McMaster-Carr. They come in different lengths and widths and you can order in varies colors. I ordered the powder coated RED.

Here's a pic:  (BTW: I drilled a hole thru seat pan and foot rest and bolted it down using a wing nut. That way uncle wouldn't accidentally flip backwards)

3230t43p1-h03-digitals.png

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

bolted it down using a wing nut

That's a good idea right there. That way if you want to open it in a few seconds you can.