Redrider76

Wheel Horse wrench

Redrider76

I picked up this wrench on eBay. It’s for the deck blades. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this was a factory wrench, issued to service dealers, etc?  Is it rare?  Thanks

2806EAE0-8367-482C-8A4E-C7AC3283C528.jpeg

8FEEE8C9-6244-4081-AE13-19DF839F17AD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701

not rare, yes it's for mower decks, I belive they were service tools when you purchased your tractor from the dealer.   

• Thanks 1

Redrider76

Thanks for the info. I’m assuming wheel horse themselves made the since I don’t see any other markings on it?

gwest_ca

Some of the illustrated parts lists for mower decks show the wrench so it must have been supplied with the deck.

Garry

• Thanks 1

Redrider76

Cool, thank you. My younger sons 4 and 7) and I are in the process of somewhat restoring a 308-8 “redhead” (red grille and reverse color scheme decals). I’m told those were the last of the 300 series actually made by wheel horse before being sold to Toro. They love doing this and learning about the different tractors and tools, so I was trying to get some more info for them and myself. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Cool shop art and can even still use it. No matter what they're not made any more and the WH alone is worth the price of admission.  Nice pick up!:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Redrider76

Thanks brother!

• Like 1

953 nut
34 minutes ago, Redrider76 said:

My younger sons 4 and 7) and I are in the process of somewhat restoring a 308-8

:WRS:

Glad to see a :wh: becoming a father and sons project. Great bonding time.        :text-bravo:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Redrider76

Thank you. They love wheel horses and working on all kinds of tractors. Hoping to keep their interest, good learning good bonding, while saving old iron

• Like 1

WHNJ701

we do the same, if you get the opportunity grab old free engines and lay down some card board and get the kids a socket set and let them have fun ripping it apart.  I am glad I rebuilt a few a tractors with mine (Panzers) now they are into the quads.

Edited by jabelman
  • Excellent 1

Redrider76

That’s great, keeps them away from the video screen too much and they learn something that they will be able to use all their life